GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Terrain has about 60,000 kilometers. Just recently started having an issue with the airflow. Heat/AC air would only come out of the vents and would not switch to feet or defrost. And you know what that means in winter. The dealer told me it's the mode door actuator that would need to be replaced. I researched online and that seems to be the case. I'm just surprised that something so basic and necessary would break at 60,000 kilometers. My previous car (a Chrysler) never had this issue over 200,000 kilometers I drove it. Is this car that bad? Not to mention, the dealer also told me I have an exhaust leak. I'm the only one who drives this car and I'm a gentle driver. I mostly work from home which is why only 60,000 kilometers over 7 years. Like what da hell.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Youll feel better when you get the part for $25 or so, and swap it out yourself. .... and not pay the dealer...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youll feel better when you get the part for $25 or so, and swap it out yourself. .... and not pay the dealer...
I'm not that handy. I can do basic stuff following instructions. I got the part and now going through youtube videos on the install. It's bit tricky and look like the steering wheel may have to come off too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts