GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Equinox owners, I was just curious if everyones equinox is doing the same as mine? I have noticed that the air vent on the driver left side of the steering wheel, next to the radio power/volume nob does not blow with the same force as the other vents. I can accually notice a difference in the forced air being blown out that vent compared to the other vents. Can you guys test yours and let me know if you notice a difference please?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I have noticed that also...compared to mt Aztek, which hardly gave out any air. I like it. It should be great this summer with the air conditioner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have noticed the same issue, I have a feeling that the air must travel farther from the motor to get though that vent. Also the steering wheel stops some of the air as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I noticed that myself the other day. I thought it was strange. I've never had a vehicle where there was that big of a difference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've noticed this in a couple makes and models of various cars of mine over the years. It's never been terribly drastic, but certain vents do usually output a bit more/less than others.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the fast responces... Seems like it is normal for that vent to not blow as hard. I never noticed that in any other vehicle i owned. Thanks for the welcome too. Great site for information on the Equinox!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Finally got to use my air conditioner. The left drivers vent is blocked by the steering wheel and I can't raise the vent high enough to my liking, only to just below my chest.....bummer. The right drivers vent is also blocked a little by the steering wheel and not very big in size. I think I'm going to be a little uncomfortable for a while until the entire cabin is at the right temp. Now if I lower my seat all the way to the bottom, I'll be OK, but then I won't be able to see out the windshield. ::)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
GARYD said:
Finally got to use my air conditioner. The left drivers vent is blocked by the steering wheel and I can't raise the vent high enough to my liking, only to just below my chest.....bummer[/color]. The right drivers vent is also blocked a little by the steering wheel and not very big in size. I think I'm going to be a little uncomfortable for a while until the entire cabin is at the right temp. Now if I lower my seat all the way to the bottom, I'll be OK, but then I won't be able to see out the windshield.[/color] ::)
I noticed that about the left most vent on the Terrain as well.
Can't get the louvers high enough, to my liking anyway.

I also like to sit with the driver seat up high to see as far over the hood as possible, always have preferred it that way.
Noticed in another post you'd mentioned the seat belt is hard to fasten/unfasten when the seat is up high (especially in winter with a bulky coat on), it's the same with the Terrain.
Minor inconveniences for some.

Hopefully GM's ergonomics people are reading this.
:)
Whether they do something about it...LOL.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The driver side vent needs some work. Ill agree on that. If you have it even in the middle the steering wheel blocks it completely. It needs to be raised up about 4" and it would be in a perfect position. I cant believe this got past the design stage. :(

·
Registered
99 Posts
One thing I noticed about the drivers' vents is the two of them seem to have to share their air. IOW, close the vent near the window and you get more through the vent on the right of the steering wheel. So, when you have the vent near the window full open, the other vent will seem to have less air. Depending on how you have these set, your comparison with the other vents will vary.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm not having much of a problem with the amount of air from the vents as I am with the direction of the air.
Not high enough from outboard vents and steering wheel blocking the air.

·
Registered
635 Posts
GARYD said:
I'm not having much of a problem with the amount of air from the vents as I am with the direction of the air.
Not high enough from outboard vents and steering wheel blocking the air.
I noticed same thing about air vent being aimed too low on the right driver's side. I have a tall upper body and cant get the vent aimed at my noggin.

Also tilt makes steering wheel goes just high enough so I can Just barely make out top of instruments through the opening.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maybe I'll buy one of those "Low Rider" steering wheels. The ones made out of chain and chrome plated.

That'll be "COOL" man. or do they say "SICK" now?
Then comes the hydraulics to make the Train hop back and forth. What-a-you-think??

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll be curious to see how this A/C works down here in FLA a couple months from now. So far, I understand what everyone's talking about here, but I've been more afraid of how any passengers may feel in the back seat, without any vents at all, than I have been for my own comfort in the front. So far, it's kept me cool when needed even though the aim on the driver's side vent seems a bit ill considered. Yeah---I know about those vents under the seat....but really!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
GARYD said:
Maybe I'll buy one of those "Low Rider" steering wheels. The ones made out of chain and chrome plated.

That'll be "COOL" man. or do they say "SICK" now?
Then comes the hydraulics to make the Train hop back and forth. What-a-you-think??
I think that's "Phat"!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You're cool, man! ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Today's the first day really have tried the AC. I noticed there's next nothing coming out the Driver's side right vent. My left one's fine and the two passenger's vents are blowing fine. I go in a couple of weeks for it's first oil change so I'll have them check that then.

So far that's my only complaint.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I noticed the same thing, but when I put the setting to top vents only, the air comes out a lot more forcefully.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I tried all that. If anything I have a feeling it's not opening at all internally. Left side blows real good now, didn't before, like other comments on here.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Maybe a stuck door. I've had that happen before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts