GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last month I've noticed when I floor the accelerator the air conditioniong turns off. Comes back afterwards. Anybody else have this condition? I don't really consider it a "problem" since it gives more power to beat the Lexus's off the line. ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I haven't noticed anything like that since I don't believe I've actually floored my Nox....but it does sound more like a "feature" than a problem. Even so, you might want to get more feedback from others (and maybe a GM engineer here to chime in?) so you'll know for sure. You've gotten me curious now so I'll have to test this thing out tomorrow or Sunday.

·
Registered
830 Posts
GARYD said:
For the last month I've noticed when I floor the accelerator the air conditioniong turns off. Comes back afterwards. Anybody else have this condition? I don't really consider it a "problem" since it gives more power to beat the Lexus's off the line. ;D ;D
I'll try to see that next time i'll floor it. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think this a pretty common thing for the compressor to shut of at WOT.

How are you able to tell? Does the light turn off or does the blower?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Terrain said:
I think this a pretty common thing for the compressor to shut of at WOT.

How are you able to tell? Does the light turn off or does the blower?
That is normal, its been on every GM car I have owned/driven

When you floor your car, the ECM does turn off your compressor, if your at WOT you obviously want MAX power, and being the AC compressor is a load on the engine, it shuts off the compressor while at WOT. Just about every car designed does this.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Fan also turns off or down when a phone call comes in on Bluetooth or Onstar, makes it easier to hear call.
Fan and compressor probably turns off to give engine full power.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed it when hot air came out of the vents. I owned a Pontiac Aztek for 9 years and the air never stopped. Like I said I have a very heavy foot and really noticed it on the Terrain. Never on any other car.
But as Terrain says, it makes sense if you wanted maximum power something would shut off. I've just never experienced it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts