GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice that when using the fan set to recirculate inside air that the air conditioner runs? That happens on my 2010 Equinox and I wonder if it is normal? I feel that it should not be running in that control position.

·
Registered
830 Posts
It's to control the humidity. The Altima of my mom was like that. So i think it's normal.

parky129 said:
Did anyone notice that when using the fan set to recirculate inside air that the air conditioner runs? That happens on my 2010 Equinox and I wonder if it is normal? I feel that it should not be running in that control position.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Any time you have the automatic temp control on, your a/c light will also be on. This simply means the a/c circuit is activated, not that the compressor is necessarily running/cooling. All vehicles with auto temp control work this way.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Youre right, but i think he is not in auto, he is speaking about air recirc... simple fan.

RSchleder said:
Any time you have the automatic temp control on, your a/c light will also be on. This simply means the a/c circuit is activated, not that the compressor is necessarily running/cooling. All vehicles with auto temp control work this way.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Think about what the recirc does. Then think about what the AC does.

The AC will dry the humid air you are breathing out. Have you ever get in your car wet and the windows steamed up instantly? How did you stop it? You turned on your AC.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Supermat64--thanks, I missed that point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a LT1 without auto temp control, I guess it is "normal" but not mentioned in owners manual as operating this way. I wish they would tell you what is normal so you don't wonder why such things happen. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The funny thing is that it blows cool air on recirc....but the a/c light on the button is not on and the display doesn't show the a/c to be on. Also I've noticed that the air gets noticeably cooler when you actually push the a/c button and the display shows "a/c on"

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems to me that this is normal on most GM vehicles. If I recall the Recirc worked exactly the same way on my 2003 Saturn Vue which I traded when I bought my 2010 Terrain.

When the fan and recirc is on cool air is evident. When the Fan is on and recirc and A/C is on, cooler air plus a more forecful fan is evident.

That is my obesrvation on both the VUE and the Terrain.

Hope this helps.... Love my Terrain......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts