GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone notice that the air-condition is not getting too cold? or its just my terrain?
or maybe I just got used to my toyota or nissan, this is my fist time buying domestic car.
Please respond if I need to bring this to the dealer, thankss.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
SLEtrick1 said:
has anyone notice that the air-condition is not getting too cold? or its just my terrain?
or maybe I just got used to my toyota or nissan, this is my fist time buying domestic car.
Ours is ice cold.
However, if you raise the front driver seat too high, the vent to the right of the driver seat next to the radio is kinda blocked by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My Sierra cooled much better than the Terrain. Of course, the cab on the truck was smaller.

I'm sure the black paint on my Terrain doesn't help matters...

What temperature are you setting the A/C at?

·
Registered
265 Posts
When you Run the AC full blast 12..Try hitting the Recirculating button on the right side of the buttons..That seems to help boost the Coldness...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think the 2010 vehicles have a variant of R134 refrigerant called R134A that is compatible and much less harmful to the environment BUT it is less efficient.

·
Registered
19 Posts
R134 & R134A are the same refrigerant. If your discharge air temp is not cold enough to cool the interior, take it to your dealer. I had a 2005 Colorado crew cab that did not cool well. I took to my dealer and they found nothing wrong. I learned on the Colorado site that there was a TSB for a evaporator low temp stat that was stopping the compressor and not letting discharge temp to fall. I gave the dealer the TSB and asked why I had to do the tech's job. The interior should be able to get to 70 degrees at 85 outside air temp. If not keep complaining.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Once again just try the Recurlulate button...That amps mine up and real cool...

·
Registered
85 Posts
SLEtrick1 said:
I was experiencing this as well and found that it is only as cold as my Toyota's or BMW if the A/C is on the coldest setting and it is on dash only (not split level) and has to be on re-circ.

Here in FL it has been high 90's for 2 weeks and this Terrain is working hard on the A/C.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i also run mine on re-cirulate lowest temp setting and fan speed 12 and it can not keep up on warmer days. i never cared for the hvac system since i got mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot for the response, I only have the SLE regular AC, it just taking it's time to really cool not like my my Nissan,Toyota or VW

·
Registered
830 Posts
i think that 4 cyl engines takes more time to get the ac cold or to heat the car because they use the engine temperature.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
i think that 4 cyl engines takes more time to get the ac cold or to heat the car because they use the engine temperature.
Huh? Can you explain that a little more?

Our Terrain works beautiful with the A/C. We usually set it to all auto and Lo and within 5 minutes we have to turn it up to 68 or so. We are getting the front windows tinted soon.

Also, whenever you get in the vehicle in the summer, crack the windows when you first get it to get the superheated air out. You dont even realize how much that effects the A/C and how hard it works.

·
Registered
85 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Huh? Can you explain that a little more?

Our Terrain works beautiful with the A/C. We usually set it to all auto and Lo and within 5 minutes we have to turn it up to 68 or so. We are getting the front windows tinted soon.

Also, whenever you get in the vehicle in the summer, crack the windows when you first get it to get the superheated air out. You dont even realize how much that effects the A/C and how hard it works.
I do that everyday (all 4 windows) and the dash temp still climbs all the way to 109 on some days...lol

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nukedog said:
I do that everyday (all 4 windows) and the dash temp still climbs all the way to 109 on some days...lol
Wow, that just doesn't sound right, no matter where you live.
I'd definitely bring it in to the dealer.
I'm sure window tint, a front windshield visor and keeping the sunroof cover (if you have one) closed will help, but you probably thought of all that already.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Something is a miss if it's not cooling the vehicle quickly. I find the AC in our Equinox to be as potent as in any GM car I've owned, and GM cars have some potent AC system. It cools down quickly, and with the kids in the back seat it's often "dad, turn it down, it's too cold back here!".

Now, my Mazda3, that's a different story.... :mad:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ours is pretty cold. But you have to consider if your vehicle has been sitting in the sun, the air conditioning has to pass through super heated vents (from sitting under the windshield) and get them cool before it will be very cool to your skin. Get a windshield shade, and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My side vents got so cold it was sweating alittle from so much humidity here in Fla...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I drove my V6 SLT today on the highway for 550 miles and the temp reached 96 degrees . I put it on auto and set it on 74 and was still slightly chilled. You's should be able to freeze you out on the highway! Better have it checked.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mine works fine in 90 plus degree weather. I do notice when in ECO mode the AC runs a little warmer when you gun the engine. Much better AC than in my Saturn VUE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts