GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Equinox LT1 with the base radio. I would like to add an aftermarket amp and some subwoofers. Does anybody have any information that can help me? I am looking for radio wiring diagrams and a way to run the power wires in from the engine compartment. ;D

·
Registered
441 Posts
do you know how to wire it up?

if so, get a LOC wire it in behind the headunit......then run your rcas from that.....dunno if the bose system has any frequency adjustments for the rears (they sometimes tweak the low/high on the rears of boses system at higher volumes for sound staging)...power, look on your firewall for a grommet, and poke a hole through...depending on the size of the power wire that is....how many watts you going to push?
you really only need the radio diagram to find what speaker wires you need to tap into.....or you can pop the door panels off and look at what color they are and go from there....the12volt.com is a great resource.....there is no radio diagram, but someone on there might know off hand, or be able to look it up the metra installer site....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure that the ANC (active noise control) is in the subwoofer, and also the speakers probably won't handle much more power than the stock base stereo puts out. Just some things to consider...and even if you don't have the 4cyl (and no ANC) I saw another post here that indicates that changing the sub might not be a simple swap..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts