GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share any aftermarket/custom stereo installation photos for the new Equinox/Terrain here in this thread. I don't see any Metra kits yet, but perhaps a dash kit from an OEM Navigation model could somehow be modified/used as a retrofit? Thoughts?? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey dude! I just bought my 2011 GMC Terrain in May this past year. I'm totally going to figure out a better way than that stupid Metra dash kit. I looked it up and it's totally bogus! Why would I put a Double DIN BELOW my factory audio controls?!?!?! So if I had a touchscreen in there (I'm looking at getting the Alpine INA-W910), my friends would be like "oh turn it up/down and try to use the knobs on the factor portion and wonder why it doesn't work! IMHO, that seems like a quick fix and wouldn't look professional at all. I'm trying to look all over the place for a proper dash kit to remedy this issue.

Are there any touchscreens out there that can ALSO control your CLIMATE Controls/heated seats? I know the problem lies with having the audio controls and the climate controls in the same dash and not separate.

This is the only ****ty thing about the Terrain!

Another option perhaps: Can you put in an aftermarket Double DIN in the OEM nav setup? I was thinking of getting the OEM NAV system for the GMC Terrain and putting an aftermarket deck into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts