GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an after-market (non-factory) remote starter installed on their Terrain?
Any issues... like electronic key chips, burying a "spare" key in the dash to bypass smart-key system?

My SLE didn't have remote start and I would love to have it before the cold and snow Upstate New York winter starts.

Sky

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have the factory one but i suggest you Viper, Clifford or Python remote starter system. http://www.directed.com/ They are the best system i tested in years. Best range and security.

They will have to install a ~40$ bypass module to take care of the smart module.

Hope these info help you.

skytalker said:
Has anyone had an after-market (non-factory) remote starter installed on their Terrain?
Any issues... like electronic key chips, burying a "spare" key in the dash to bypass smart-key system?

My SLE didn't have remote start and I would love to have it before the cold and snow Upstate New York winter starts.

Sky

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree.. I have a Viper system on my F-150 and family has them on all their cars. Works great and the alarm is awesome too. The key pad beeps and vibrates when your alarm is going off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what gives. i have the 2010 terrain and a python 991 and everything works except the remote start. The alarm works fine and so does the smart start. When remote start is activated it turns off within 10 seconds or so. the install shop has tried several modules and nothing.
anybody has an idea about this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts