GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered a wood trim kit for their terrain? I have beeen looking and Sherwood has a nice kit that I think would give the interior a great look. I know it looks great just like it is but you know when you get a new ride your mind starts going on over drive! Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just don't think the interior compliments a wood trim IMO. A carbon fiber kit would look better, but only if done properly and not over done. I saw a Terrain that had the carbon fiber but he over did it and had pieces covering the storage bin above the center console.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your opinions and let me say that I agree that is would be better with carbon fiber. I think I will wait until I see some pics from other owners.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
cheddar11 said:
I just don't think the interior compliments a wood trim IMO. A carbon fiber kit would look better, but only if done properly and not over done. I saw a Terrain that had the carbon fiber but he over did it and had pieces covering the storage bin above the center console.
I agree 100%. There is nothing trying to imitate luxury in the Terrain. It is just a well put together truck that they added a "sporty" and "edgey" look to.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The interior kits that are out there don't really compliment the Terrain interior very well. But with the new Denali trim they put wood where the ktis do not. On the door panels, the shifter and the steering wheel. Very little amount of wood but put in all the right places. ^^

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have a K and I kit in Bural wood on my Nox. I prefer K and I as the only prep you need is to clean the plastic with alocol wipes. Some kits require you to use a prep solvent. I don't have a Terrian so I don't know how a kit would look. Everyone has an opinion .. Do what you would like.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
cheddar11 said:
:thumb:

The Sherwood Carbon Fiber kit is what I have used - wood kit is not cool ;D,,, and yes, I agree, there were 4 pieces I believe for the storage bin and that was way too much so I just used the smallest piece that goes right above the DVD slot and left the rest of the bin OEM.

·
Registered
481 Posts
POLRCUB said:
:thumb:

The Sherwood Carbon Fiber kit is what I have used - wood kit is not cool ;D,,, and yes, I agree, there were 4 pieces I believe for the storage bin and that was way too much so I just used the smallest piece that goes right above the DVD slot and left the rest of the bin OEM.
Any pictures of the Carbon Fiber trim Polarcub?

·
Registered
297 Posts
RNOX said:
Carbon Fiber :thumbdown: IMO
What...no one has posted pics of their entire interior plasti-dipped?! :eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Here's a pic of mine, been on since 2009 and no problems
Its not that it looks bad to me, if I bought a kit (and if i would my dad would kill me), then i'd probably only use the parts that surround the Vents and the part aroudn the cup holders. Its just to much for my taste but thats me of course.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just bought a 2012 SLT-2 Terrain withe black interior . I agree with the posts I have read about a wood trim kit . I have seen pics of the interior done and I didn't like it . Maybe after the Denali has been out for ahwile , it will be possible to buy a kit to copy the Denali .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts