GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

Turning the Acadia in this morning for a 2010 Terrain SLT-1 with NAV,DVD,V6 and Sunroof.

Does my moderator status now transfer over too?? :p

Thanks for everyones input on the board which made my decision easier.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Hey.

Turning the Acadia in this morning for a 2010 Terrain SLT-1 with NAV,DVD,V6 and Sunroof.

Does my moderator status now transfer over too?? :p

Thanks for everyones input on the board which made my decision easier.
Hey NY_Joe, if you don't mind me asking...
Which year Acadia you turning in and why?
Just curious cuz I was thinking of getting one for myself in the summer/fall.
The wife didn't want it cuz it was too big for her to park, in her opinion.
She finds the Terrain quite manageable.
Thanks for any feedback and enjoy your new Terrain.
Post up some pics if you like, for sure!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gearhead said:
Hey NY_Joe, if you don't mind me asking...
Which year Acadia you turning in and why?
Just curious cuz I was thinking of getting one for myself in the summer/fall.
The wife didn't want it cuz it was too big for her to park, in her opinion.
She finds the Terrain quite manageable.
Thanks for any feedback and enjoy your new Terrain.
Post up some pics if you like, for sure!
I had an early production 2007 model. Built in Jan 2007. My lease was up in 4 months but I got the Terrain now to take advantage of the pull ahead, earnings top off and conquest rebate. I loved my Acadia. I did from the moment GMC unveiled it. That is why I tracked one down over the course of 2 months.

It was a BIG truck but I did not find it cumbersome to park at all. We got it thinking we were only having 1 child and we can take grandparents in tow. Then we were surprised with #2 and the third row became useless.

I would definately recommend the Acadia to anyone. It was tough to walk awa from yesterday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NY_Joe said:
I had an early production 2007 model. Built in Jan 2007. My lease was up in 4 months but I got the Terrain now to take advantage of the pull ahead, earnings top off and conquest rebate. I loved my Acadia. I did from the moment GMC unveiled it. That is why I tracked one down over the course of 2 months.

It was a BIG truck but I did not find it cumbersome to park at all. We got it thinking we were only having 1 child and we can take grandparents in tow. Then we were surprised with #2 and the third row became useless.

I would definately recommend the Acadia to anyone. It was tough to walk awa from yesterday.
Just curious, why would the 3rd row become useless when having 2 kids? We have two kids, and we use the 3rd row in our Enclave all the time.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
NY_Joe said:

Thanks for the feedback NY_Joe.
I'm glad to hear a good, first hand report on a prospective new vehicle for myself.
I have lots of reading to do and money to save up! LOL!

As Terrain_fan stated, I'm a little confused why the third row would be useless.
I'm going to guess you WON'T be taking the Grandparents in tow now?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Terrain_fan said:
Just curious, why would the 3rd row become useless when having 2 kids? We have two kids, and we use the 3rd row in our Enclave all the time.
I had a bench seat so there was no pass through to third row.

My first son was 1 and is now almost 4. My second son came in yr 2 of the lease and is now 19 months.

They are boh in car seats at opposite ends of the second row. Unless I loosened all the belts, took a seat out then there was no access to the third row.However, I would have to do the same to get them out of the back. Not happening. Only now did the older guy move to a booster.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gearhead said:
Thanks for the feedback NY_Joe.
I'm glad to hear a good, first hand report on a prospective new vehicle for myself.
I have lots of reading to do and money to save up! LOL!

As Terrain_fan stated, I'm a little confused why the third row would be useless.
I'm going to guess you WON'T be taking the Grandparents in tow now?
No problem. You can ask me specifics at any time. I was an early adopter of the Acadia and was/am a moderator over on that forum. I had an SLT-2 fully loaded. Dual roofs, HUD, DVD,NAV,19's,trailer pkg, etc.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
NY_Joe said:
No problem. You can ask me specifics at any time. I was an early adopter of the Acadia and was/am a moderator over on that forum. I had an SLT-2 fully loaded. Dual roofs, HUD, DVD,NAV,19's,trailer pkg, etc.
Thanks NY_Joe.
Appreciate you candor.
Maybe see you around both forums!

·
Administrator
599 Posts
Transfer complete! NY_Joe was my fifth acadiaforum member, first moderator and a truly invaluable member since the very beginning of all the Lambda forums. I'd go so far to say he's one of the main reasons for their early success! It's my pleasure to have you on board as my first moderator here!

How are you enjoying your new smaller GMC?

·
Registered
29 Posts
NY_Joe said:
I had a bench seat so there was no pass through to third row.

My first son was 1 and is now almost 4. My second son came in yr 2 of the lease and is now 19 months.

They are boh in car seats at opposite ends of the second row. Unless I loosened all the belts, took a seat out then there was no access to the third row.However, I would have to do the same to get them out of the back. Not happening. Only now did the older guy move to a booster.
We have the middle bench too. They aren't in carseats that long, the 3rd row is a must with us, gives us many more possibilities with giving other people rides. We only have the one carseat that's on the 40 portion of the 2nd row, so we can use the tilt and slide seat on the left side.

You could have put one of your kid's carseats in the 3rd row, just a thought...maybe it wouldn't have been as convenient getting them in and out of the seat, like it sounded as if you already thought of that, but you still could utilize the other seating positions that way. Oh well, glad you are happy with what you have now.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
admin said:
Transfer complete! NY_Joe was my fifth acadiaforum member, first moderator and a truly invaluable member since the very beginning of all the Lambda forums. I'd go so far to say he's one of the main reasons for their early success! It's my pleasure to have you on board as my first moderator here!

How are you enjoying your new smaller GMC?
Geez, don;t come here for a day and you are made a moderator. Sweet!! Thanks and I will do what I can to help you out here. Let's get Adam_Boca to switch too.

I have 100 miles and am enjoying thoroughly. Drove it home from city on Saturday and around town Sunday. Had s stomch bug from hell yesterday but I am back to driving it today. I can already feel the difference. This is a more car like and dare I say sportier(as much as a truck/CUV can be) ride than the Acadia. Wasn't expecting such a difference but I am extremely happy with the ride.

Will report back more later.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Terrain_fan said:
We have the middle bench too. They aren't in carseats that long, the 3rd row is a must with us, gives us many more possibilities with giving other people rides. We only have the one carseat that's on the 40 portion of the 2nd row, so we can use the tilt and slide seat on the left side.

You could have put one of your kid's carseats in the 3rd row, just a thought...maybe it wouldn't have been as convenient getting them in and out of the seat, like it sounded as if you already thought of that, but you still could utilize the other seating positions that way. Oh well, glad you are happy with what you have now.
It was a 39 mo lease anyway. It was going back. Not a fan of a child in 3rd row and my oldest just went to a booster. Maybe when they are older and if the Acadia is still around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NY_Joe said:
It was a 39 mo lease anyway. It was going back. Not a fan of a child in 3rd row and my oldest just went to a booster. Maybe when they are older and if the Acadia is still around.
Yeah, my 3yr old (almost 4) is still in the highback carseat, but using regular seatbelt, but she is having a hard time waiting till she can ride with a booster, she wants to be in the 3rd row like big sister can (7 yr. old). Hopefully they don't fight over sitting in the "way back" as they call it.

Congrats on your moderator transfer.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.

Hope things get just as active here as they did on the Acadia forum.

Each day I drive the Terrain I became happier with my choice. To me it has the flexibility of a truck I want but also drives and handles enough like a car.

I know its not a sports car but after driving a 2003 Envoy, 2005 Envoy Denali, 2007 Acadia for the last 6 yrs this might as well be a Porsche. LOL!!

Still has its quirks but we are working through it.

·
Administrator
599 Posts
Adam just posted on facebook yesterday that he bought a CTS-V! I'm guessing his Acadia will be garaged for a while now :p

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
admin said:
Adam just posted on facebook yesterday that he bought a CTS-V! I'm guessing his Acadia will be garaged for a while now :p
Didn't he have a Vette or something? CTS-V??? ****!!!

You aren't starting one of those forums are you?? ;D

·
Administrator
599 Posts
I think he may have several Vettes. Doesn't he work at the Corvette museum or something? LOL No, those cars are WELL covered by existing forums. I already have too many to handle as-is!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts