GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new here but have been trolling the site for a few months now. I have a 2011 Equinox in the greyish blue color (not sure of actualy color) but i will post pics soon...its a 4 cyl. with the convenience package. Only mod i have is a resonator delete and 20% tint all around!!

anyway i have grown tired of the stock stereo so i have decided to add a small amp and a 10" sub to the mix. Im using the Pac Audio AA-GM44 Add Amp Interface to connect to the back of the factory radio. Im going to use a MB Quart FX 600.1 mono block amp, and run one single Kicker CVT-10 shallow mount sub to provide my bump.

I will be posting pics and making a build thread soon as i have more time but i will let you guys know how it turns out..

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I assume you have the base stereo? (not Pioneer) If so then there are two things to be concerned with:

1. replacing your sub will also disable the ANC (active noise control) but it's still up in the air if that is such a bad thing or not

2. The pioneer speakers on my Nox are ok but not great...and I would expect the stock speakers to be even less great. You might want to consider swapping those out as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i have the stock non pioneer radio

the stereo (for stock) doesnt sound bad, but i want more bump!! lol

and yea i dont care about the ANC at all. Cabin noise isnt really going to be much of an issue after the sub goes in

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the same PAC Audio interface in my car, along with 2 12" subs in the back. My ANC still works because i didnt modify anything involved with it. The thing works really well, except that it said it was a 4volt output, but i needed to set my amp to 2volts, or the subs didnt hit very hard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats awesome to hear that everything will work like its supposed too!!

yea im ordering my amp and the PAC wednesday or thursday this week. So im going to start wiring the car up this weekend!!

cannot wait to get this completed!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm a little confused (never put a aftermarket system in my car) but I started listening to dubstep lol

anyways, I got the Pioneer system, with the navigation, so I will not replace the nav to run a new sub.

this PAC thing you guys are talking about, is this something I should ask for when I take my Terrain to the audio shop?

I wanted to replace the Pioneer sub in my car with a stealthbox. Theres nice space in the trunk of the terrain, but there wont be if I put in a aftermarket box. Ive also been told that those stealthboxes are pretty near perfect and tested specifically for the sub that is included.

Anyways, with the nav, I can control the sub, mids, and treble, but is there any way to keep the Navigation system and control the stealthbox or any other kind of aftermarket sub? Is that this PAC thing, or is there something like it?

Sorry for the noobish questions, I only raced, never cared about the system until dubstep invaded my life haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
USFwrestler said:
I'm a little confused (never put a aftermarket system in my car) but I started listening to dubstep lol

anyways, I got the Pioneer system, with the navigation, so I will not replace the nav to run a new sub.

this PAC thing you guys are talking about, is this something I should ask for when I take my Terrain to the audio shop?

I wanted to replace the Pioneer sub in my car with a stealthbox. Theres nice space in the trunk of the terrain, but there wont be if I put in a aftermarket box. Ive also been told that those stealthboxes are pretty near perfect and tested specifically for the sub that is included.

Anyways, with the nav, I can control the sub, mids, and treble, but is there any way to keep the Navigation system and control the stealthbox or any other kind of aftermarket sub? Is that this PAC thing, or is there something like it?

Sorry for the noobish questions, I only raced, never cared about the system until dubstep invaded my life haha
Because you already have the stock sub you will not need to add the PAC or a stealthbox, those are only used if you are hooking up a set of aftermarket subs to the stock headunit, if you get a aftermarket headunit or double DIN installed you will not need one either, i have to kicker 12's in the back hooked up to a brand new Pioneer double DIN touchscreen unit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
equiNOX said:
Because you already have the stock sub you will not need to add the PAC or a stealthbox, those are only used if you are hooking up a set of aftermarket subs to the stock headunit, if you get a aftermarket headunit or double DIN installed you will not need one either, i have to kicker 12's in the back hooked up to a brand new Pioneer double DIN touchscreen unit
you are on cardomain arent ya?? i have followed your nox since i bought mine...

love the way yours looks...you were actually my inspiration lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
equiNOX said:
Ok...when I was referring to the stealthbox, I was referring to ripping out the pioneer sub that my terrain came with, and putting in a JL audio Stealthbox. I was not sure about connecting it to my stock navigation unit.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ahhh i gotcha, that would make sense....my friend has one in his car and the sound clarity made by that thing is awesome

·
Registered
109 Posts
See no one has installed one on the forums yet, so I was wondering how much "better" it would be then the Pioneer one

·
Registered
71 Posts
andyacer03 said:
you are on cardomain arent ya?? i have followed your nox since i bought mine...

love the way yours looks...you were actually my inspiration lol
thank you very much for the kind words!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
also I just swapped out my pioneer 3300 double din for a new alpine W910 nav unit, way way way better than the pioneer.....ipod interface is incredible along with everything else in it! here is a photo of it installed!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
equiNOX said:
also I just swapped out my pioneer 3300 double din for a new alpine W910 nav unit, way way way better than the pioneer.....ipod interface is incredible along with everything else in it! here is a photo of it installed!
Was there some kind of a kit to mount the aftermarket head unit in that location, or did you do some "creative customizing"? If there is a kit, where did you get it? I would love to be able to start from scratch when deisgning a stereo in my Equinox instead of trying to make the crappy factory unit sound good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts