GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Equinox 2LT FWD 2.4L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, very excited for my first real post here!
Question about 'adding' features to my 'Nox.

I have a 2014 Equinox 2LT 2.4L FWD, with a hell of a lot of features.
I have the regular 2LT features, (automatic climate control, an eight-way power driver's seat with power lumbar, heated front seats, 250-watt Pioneer audio system, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, remote engine starting, and fog lights, etc etc, you know.)

I am interested in adding some of the LTZ features to my car, like the leather seats, memory seats and mirrors, the automatic headlights, and the lane departure/forward assist.
Specifically I want to look into the automatic headlights and the memory seats/mirrors.

I know it won't be a fully "plug in and you're done" situation, but how difficult would it be,

Just for some background, I detail cars, I have done a lot of hands on stuff with cars, I added a cold air to it, and am all around not afraid to dig into my car. However, I also frequently work, and if my car is out of the count, I may not be able to get to work.

Side note, is there a site I can post stats and progress of my car? Like a show off site I can post things I'm looking to do. etc.

Thank you all and have a great day! :)

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Adding those items would be expensive. Best to live with what you have, or trade it in.

Reactions: garagerog

·
Registered
334 Posts
Cocoa, what Rit said, either save your money for a new one with ALL the features you want, or save it for needed maintenance and repair. As the miles add up so do the repairs, this is besides the normal tires, brakes, batteries, etc. When you get into suspension work and engine/transmission repair those $ float away faster than a helium balloon.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Fully automatic headlights were standard on the 2014 2LT. You should have that feature already.

You might be able to get the leather seats from a totaled Equinox, or purchase custom leather seat skins and replace them on your current seats yourself.

Some of the other features, as everyone has said, will be very cost prohibitive and not really worth the labor and expense. You would be better off trading your Equinox on an LTZ. Yes, the LTZ will be a little more expensive, but the difference in price between what you get for your 2LT and what you pay for the LTZ would probably be less than the parts and labor to upgrade the 2LT.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The main enemy here is the body control module u could add all the features but the bcm will disagree and need to be reprogrammed with a factory scan tool at the dealer looks like it's the same module for a ton of vehicles at different trim levels. I think u have a really cool idea. Especially since I'm pretty sure all the mounting holes and harnesses are actually the same but the bcm just needs to be programmed and u need all the appropriate switches ECT first talk to a dealer about having the body control module being programmed for different seats ECT... They can do it $$$

·
Registered
254 Posts
Or give it all the 2017 stuff headlights grille premier rims ECT. Idk if the grille will fit Im going to try little things like headlights..

R your headlights really red super low beams like your pic? I was thinking about doing a super low beams mod myself if so did u just add a led or replace the whole bulb?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or give it all the 2017 stuff headlights grille premier rims ECT. Idk if the grille will fit Im going to try little things like headlights..

R your headlights really red super low beams like your pic? I was thinking about doing a super low beams mod myself if so did u just add a led or replace the whole bulb?
I added RGB demon eye headlights. I'll add a link here. SUPER fun and super easy to control with the bluetooth app.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
If you are planning to make your 2014 LTZ a project car to keep and enjoy adding these options make sense.
As christopherlompic posts the BCM will have to be reprogrammed.
More than likely the wiring will not be already there to just plug in the sensors/motors/switches.
Not trying to talk you out of this, I spent a ton of time and money going thru a 75 Corvette, loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are planning to make your 2014 LTZ a project car to keep and enjoy adding these options make sense.
As christopherlompic posts the BCM will have to be reprogrammed.
More than likely the wiring will not be already there to just plug in the sensors/motors/switches.
Not trying to talk you out of this, I spent a ton of time and money going thru a 75 Corvette, loved every minute of it.
I am mostly, just not big stuff.... YET. I AM planning to turbo it in the near future. I'm waiting on a few emails from people back. It's gonna a fun project to do small stuff.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
You have the 2.4L FOUR cylinder??? No news there. It isn't a robust engine and not made to be boosted. You bought the wrong vehicle if you want to do that.

Save your money and pay mpre attention the common issues of that engine. Like the PCV system, oil consumption and others. Read about those things here on the forum. Otherwise you could end up pouring money into the car and end up with nada IMO.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Tune will require premium fuel. I Trifecta tuned my 2.5 and it rattled when WFO on regular.
I would not mess with a 2.4 in this application at all. 2.4 is a turd in this chassis and only a 3.6 transplant could help.
BTW took my '09 2.4 Malibu to 190k miles and sold it running fine. Only underhood work was a purge valve and tune up in all that time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts