GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my supprise, my Terrain does not have bluetooth capabilities. Can a factory type be added? I really don't want a cheesy aftermarket, plug in the cigarette receptle style

·
Registered
44 Posts
No unforunately the blue tooth is configured into the OnStar module.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really like the Bluetooth feature. It's just like when FM radio first came out, I'll never have another car again without it! ;D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Snowgov said:
I really like the Bluetooth feature. It's just like when FM radio first came out, I'll never have another car again without it! ;D
We've never had a Bluetooth intergrated vehicle before. Now that we do with our 'Nox, I don't think we'd buy another vehicle without it either. It is a very nice feature to have.

·
Registered
830 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
We've never had a Bluetooth intergrated vehicle before. Now that we do with our 'Nox, I don't think we'd buy another vehicle without it either. It is a very nice feature to have.
Yes it is but not all vehicle are created equal for bluetooth...

My Maxima'a bluetooth was terrible... the people never understand me when i was talking on it... I had to use a bluetooth headset.

The one in my Terrain is wonderful.

·
Registered
297 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Yes it is but not all vehicle are created equal for bluetooth...

My Maxima'a bluetooth was terrible... the people never understand me when i was talking on it... I had to use a bluetooth headset.

The one in my Terrain is wonderful.
My wife's friend had a bad experience with a Bluetooth vehicle, too. When the vehicle was parked, people sometimes could actually hear the conversation outside the vehicle.

·
Registered
830 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
My wife's friend had a bad experience with a Bluetooth vehicle, too. When the vehicle was parked, people sometimes could actually hear the conversation outside the vehicle.
Wow, that's not what i call a private conversation :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was quite pleased when my onstar phone minutes ran out and I discovered that my phone was controllable through the vehicle. I had my iPhone set with bluetooth on, and the phone rang in the truck. I was not aware that it was my iPhone until I answered. I also, didn't realize that I could use the voice prompt for dialing etc. with it until this time. This is my first vehicle with bluetooth so it was a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
635 Posts
imoldschool said:
To my supprise, my Terrain does not have bluetooth capabilities. Can a factory type be added? I really don't want a cheesy aftermarket, plug in the cigarette receptle style
Try a visor type Bluetooth. I used one for years and wasn't cheesy at all. Motorola makes good ones. I had a jabra that was simple and easy to use.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seveniron said:
I was quite pleased when my onstar phone minutes ran out and I discovered that my phone was controllable through the vehicle.
So you can't use the bluetooth feature in the Terrain until after your OnStar trial is over?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can, but it was my experience that I had to dial with the iPhone and not use the voice prompts as the voice prompts where for Onstar. Now maybe there was a way around that, but I didn't check that out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Seveniron said:
You can, but it was my experience that I had to dial with the iPhone and not use the voice prompts as the voice prompts where for Onstar. Now maybe there was a way around that, but I didn't check that out.
You can just use the Push To Talk button on the steering wheel and give the voice commands to call a number/name using your cell phone (Bluetooth). I don't have an iPhone, but that's how it works with other phones.

·
Registered
830 Posts
TheCrow1994 said:
You can just use the Push To Talk button on the steering wheel and give the voice commands to call a number/name using your cell phone (Bluetooth). I don't have an iPhone, but that's how it works with other phones.
Same with iphone

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ah OK, so it would have worked while I had the Onstar phone too. As I say, I didnt take the time to figure it out. Good info to know should I ever re-connect the onstar phone. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts