GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Adding an inverter

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jer 
#1 ·
Bought a 200 watt inverter for charging laptop & phone in my new Equinox LTZ. Instructions say to make sure auto fuse is 20 amp or larger so I dive into the user manual and find 2 fuse blocks described.

In engine compartment:
Fuse 27: Rear Accessory Power Outlet
In instrument panel:
Fuse 13: Aux Power Front
Fuse 17: Aux Power Rear
Fuse 21: SEO Retained Accessory Power

Which of these do you think is the outlet inside the Center Console Storage?
Which do you think is the outlet under the CD slot?
Which do you think is the outlet on the bottom-rear (facing back seat) of the Center Console Storage?
Which do you think is the outlet at the rear liftgate area?
And what does SEO stand for, other than Search Engine Optimization?
I hate to just pull fuses to figure it out - bad stuff can happen. The Equinox is already haunted.

See less See more
#2 ·
an inverter wastes a lot of power. it is very inefficient. what I do is use a JumpStarter, which has a 12v port for accessories. I have a Duracell, but there are many brands out there. some come with compressors. you use 12v cables to charge your phone or laptop, and it does not affect your auto battery in any way. and it provides a little insurance if you or someone else needs a jump.

#3 ·
Thanks, SnowItch and fullcourt - I appreciate the responses. My JumpStart is really big and always needs recharging itself, one reason I got an inverter. Plus the inverter has 2 110 outlets and a USB outlet so allows a lot of connects while protecting the devices and the Nox.

#4 ·
I pulled off the fuse cover lids and, behold, imprinted in the lid is both the fuse number and fuse size in amps. Given the 4 fuse numbers in my first post in this thread, I could see that all 4 are 20 amp fuses. So they are all the same, the size the inverter asks for, so I don't need to figure out which fuse is for which outlet.

So, for anyone else looking to install an inverter, the answer is all aux outlets are covered by 20 Amp fuses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.