GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to install a sub in a 2012 lt1 w/o the upgrade. I didn't know if the wires were there or not. Any ideas on how to do it? Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
361 Posts
a sub already exists for noise cancellation. if you remove it noise cancellation goes away. if that really isn't an issue use the search feature because i have seen a few nice installs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did some research. Anyone use a stealth box? Still didnt understand if I needed a new amp or new wires because of the ANC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On my 2012 equinox ls the sub is only used for ANC. Does your factory sub work for music?

Even if it does work if you want more bass just do what I did, put a better sub in the factory box and add your own amp, if you wired in systems before it should be easy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
chad99 said:
On my 2012 equinox ls the sub is only used for ANC. Does your factory sub work for music?

Even if it does work if you want more bass just do what I did, put a better sub in the factory box and add your own amp, if you wired in systems before it should be easy.
and that will cancel ANC. But if you want that booom booom boooom booom that is the best place to put the new sub. nice and out of the way. i think if i was 10 years younger i would do it. ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Of course you have to do a full install, factory wiring to the sub is a joke, if you have done installs before its easy to figure it out.

Most people who complain about loosing the ANC have never driven with it disconnected, have super sonic hearing or often like to drive with the radio off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't try pushing much power to whatever stock sub is in the back. I'm all about bass, but I'm sure a decent single 12" would give most folks the amount of bass they're looking for without dropping too much cash and losing trunk space.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts