GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a lot of thought and research I decided to add a sub and amp to the original stereo in my 2010 Equinox. I want to leave the stock sub and amp connected to retain the ANC. I ordered a Kicker DX500.1 amp and a single 10 in a sealed box. The amp has high level inputs, with the ability to sense the input as a means avoiding the remote turn on wire. I want to do a very simple install, mounting the amp under the spare tire. (I'm really hoping to be able to do the install without having to take the dash apart, or remove the stereo)

Does anyone know the best place to connect the high level inputs? I was thinking of connecting between the stereo and the factory amp. Will this work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You need to count the number of wires coming out[/color] of the factory amp...If this amp only powers the sub, or if it powers all of the speakers...The reason I say this, is that if it powers everything, then the signal from the factory head unit to the factory amp is at line level and not high level. If this is the case, you need to patch in after the factory amp, where the signal will be high level, and into your new sub amp. If the factory amp only powers the factory sub, then the signal before the factory amp is already high level, and you can tap off of it between the head unit and the amp as you had described...Good luck!

SquireJim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts