GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic says it all..
Can it be done? I know they will fit, but will it mess with the odometer, suspension, anything else to be worried about?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More specifically. The OEM Factory 19" Chrome Clad rims. I wanted to order them with mine but you need to have the V6 in order to do so.

·
Registered
830 Posts
bocks said:
More specifically. The OEM Factory 19" Chrome Clad rims. I wanted to order them with mine but you need to have the V6 in order to do so.
They will work but yes you'll have a speed error on you speedometer.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
bocks said:
Why you would want those bricks I have no idea

But to answer you question.....

Stock is 225/65R17 Going to 235/55R19

Rim Bolt patters are the same 5x120

Diameters are different, thus speedo error will happen, your speedometer will read 2% lower at all speeds

As well you will change your final drive ratio from 3.23:1 (stock FWD) to 3.16:1

If you went with this tire size when doing 70 on the speedo, your true speed would be 72mph (nothing major)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are bricks huh? how so? extra heavy? or just degrade the ride? I like the appearance of them and thats my main interest in them...

I currently have th 18" rims so the difference would be even less? correct?

·
Registered
830 Posts
bocks said:
they are bricks huh? how so? extra heavy? or just degrade the ride? I like the appearance of them and thats my main interest in them...

I currently have th 18" rims so the difference would be even less? correct?
The difference will be higher if you have the 18".

They are not heavier. He's talking about the look... Every person's taste are different... personally i love them.

Here is a picture of the difference with 19" stock tires. Second picture is the difference with 235/50R19 (about the same with the 215/55R19).

You can go with 235/50R19 or 215/55R19 and you will not get a difference in overall size of the wheel. So no error on your speedometer.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
The difference will be higher if you have the 18".

They are not heavier. He's talking about the look... Every person's taste are different... personally i love them.

Here is a picture of the difference with 19" stock tires. Second picture is the difference with 235/50R19 (about the same with the 215/55R19).

You can go with 235/50R19 or 215/55R19 and you will not get a difference in overall size of the wheel. So no error on your speedometer.
Actually they are heavier.....The tire and the rim will be much heavier, and noticeable in drivability

And they are heavier than the 18" rims as well....I wouldnt touch them because they are bricks, not just in looks, but in adding too much unsprung weight. There is a reason they do not come on the I4 stock imo......Did you ever wonder why the 19" V6 gets higher drive ratio? Because you have bricks for rims/tires.

Please show me a tire that is 215/50R19 or 215/55R19....Just because its the correct ratio, doesnt mean they have tires that size. Nobody has them, nor do they carry something that odd in size.

·
Registered
830 Posts
grometsc said:
Actually they are heavier.....The tire and the rim will be much heavier, and noticeable in drivability

And they are heavier than the 18" rims as well....I wouldnt touch them because they are bricks, not just in looks, but in adding too much unsprung weight. There is a reason they do not come on the I4 stock imo......Did you ever wonder why the 19" V6 gets higher drive ratio? Because you have bricks for rims/tires.

Please show me a tire that is 215/50R19 or 215/55R19....Just because its the correct ratio, doesnt mean they have tires that size. Nobody has them, nor do they carry something that odd in size.
Do you want more or is this correct for you ?? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=235/&ratio=50&diameter=19&x=65&y=13

They wont be so much heavier since they are in aluminium and that the gain in alu will be compensate with less rubber. Also there are less aluminium since they are chrome clad so they are not 100% alu like 18". The only reason why they did'nt come with the i4 is because they want to to buy the V6 and a higher model.

In that way you mean also that everybody that put 18" or higher on their Honda Civic are stupid and they loose much performance ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
^^ Define MUCH HEAVIER. Actual weights, please.

Sheesh soooo tired of people downplaying/criticizing what they don't have. Or is it just human nature?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Terrain said:
^^ Define MUCH HEAVIER. Actual weights, please.

Sheesh soooo tired of people downplaying/criticizing what they don't have. Or is it just human nature?
+1

·
Registered
315 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Do you want more or is this correct for you ?? http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=235/&ratio=50&diameter=19&x=65&y=13

In that way you mean also that everybody that put 18" or higher on their Honda Civic are stupid and they loose much performance ?
I never said that wasnt a tire...you stated 215/55R19 and 215/50R19

People that put heavy 18-19" tires on there cars are stupid and do loose performance. In the "performance" market, rims weighing over 25lbs and people are not going with them.....We are talking performance here. The 18" rim is 29lbs ALREADY, I could go to an aftermarket 18" rim that comes in @ 17.6lbs each. That is a huge difference when we talk about x4, and we talking about unsprung weight. The 19" rim I have not bothered w/ the GMC version, because your rim has larger spokes, it is made out of the same material, it is bound to be even heavier. I would put the rim weight (comparing it to a Camaro SS 19" rim designed w/ large spokes) @ 32-34lbs Again a performance light weight (forge or spun cast) would be stronger, and weight almost 50% lighter. We are talking performance here.....So yes a Civic that puts on rims that weight 29lbs when he could have had spent a few hundred more for rims that weight 18lbs is pretty stuipid...and if you posted something like that on a forum asking which to go with, everyone would point to the lgihter weight rim

The sprung weight of a wheel controls: a trade-off between a wheel's bump-following ability and its vibration isolation. Bumps and surface imperfections in the road cause tire compression—which induces a force on the unsprung weight. In time, the unsprung weight then responds to this force with movement of its own. The amount of movement is inversely proportional to the weight - a lighter wheel which readily moves in response to road bumps will have more grip when tracking over an imperfect road. For this reason, lighter wheels are often sought for high-performance applications. In contrast, a heavier wheel which moves less will not absorb as much vibration; the irregularities of the road surface will transfer to the cabin through the geometry of the suspension and hence ride quality is deteriorated

·
Registered
830 Posts
grometsc said:
I never said that wasnt a tire...you stated 215/55R19 and 215/50R19

People that put heavy 18-19" tires on there cars are stupid and do loose performance. In the "performance" market, rims weighing over 25lbs and people are not going with them.....We are talking performance here. The 18" rim is 29lbs ALREADY, I could go to an aftermarket 18" rim that comes in @ 17.6lbs each. That is a huge difference when we talk about x4, and we talking about unsprung weight. The 19" rim I have not bothered w/ the GMC version, because your rim has larger spokes, it is made out of the same material, it is bound to be even heavier. I would put the rim weight (comparing it to a Camaro SS 19" rim) @ 34lbs Again a performance light weight (forge or spun cast) would be stronger, and weight almost 50% lighter. We are talking performance here.....So yes a Civic that puts on rims that weight 29lbs when he could have had spent a few hundred more for rims that weight 18lbs is pretty stuipid...and if you posted something like that on a forum asking which to go with, everyone would point to the lgihter weight rim.
Learn to read. I said 235/50R19.

I actually have the 19" wheels AND the 18" OEM GMC wheels but my winter tires are not mounted on. When i'll put my winter tires i'll wheight them.

Here we are not talking about racing 18". We are talking about OEM 18" and 19".

·
Registered
315 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Learn to read. I said 235/50R19.
I would say learn to TYPE than

·
Registered
830 Posts
grometsc said:
I would say learn to TYPE than
Same to you read back your comment : I never said that wasnt a tire...you stated 215/55R19 and 215/50R19

I didnt say that i never writen 215/55R19. I said that i writed 235/50R19 !

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lol at forum arguments. I love my 19's. I simply bought them because I liked the way they looked, everyone has their own tastes and opinions. I got the chrome package so I thought they would fit in nicely :). I am EXTREMELY happy with my decision ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
How did you get the 19" with AWD? In the US they are only available with FWD LTZ.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
FedorekC said:
Lol at forum arguments. I love my 19's. I simply bought them because I liked the way they looked, everyone has their own tastes and opinions. I got the chrome package so I thought they would fit in nicely :). I am EXTREMELY happy with my decision ;D
How 'bout a picture? I have a Cardinal Red LTZ with the 17"ers, and I like the looks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts