GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noisy clatter on startup....the same thing I have been reading in the forums. I thought buying American was the patriotic thing to do but was I wrong!....OK I just received an E-mail from the dealership where I bought the car mentioning Recall 11195 plus I need to get an oil change ( I only have 3000 miles on the car). Called them to set up an appointment and the service guy said he would have to check for a "parts kit" availability. He never called me back today (must be a stalling tactic). The car starting "clacking" on startup a week ago. I asked him if it was OK to drive it with the noise and he did not give me an answer....go figure! Step two is to call back tomorrow and see what is my next move. Now I am hitting the panic button...I am retired on fixed income and this purchase was supposed to last me for a long time. Looks like I made a BIG mistake since I cannot afford to deal with this once the vehicle is out of warranty in nine months. To make matters worse GM had the guts to send me a contract for an "extended warranty"....I wonder if it would be a smart purchase for $1700 of course i would have to eat dog food for the next year to pay for it....sorry about the rant but my old age must be showing... :angryfire:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know it’s upsetting because I’ve been through the same process. If 11195 doesn’t fix it, you may want them to look at performing PI0562 which is replacing the actuators, 11195 replaces the solenoids.

If it’s any conciliation, the NOX is a great driver and my wife is very happy with it overall.

Why does your vehicle warranty run out in 9 months?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was so upset I forgot the warranty on the engine and drivertrain is for 100,000 miles. I really like the car after all I researched for a long time before making the purchase. I heard the the 4 cylinder Ecotec engine was in production for some time and had a good track record. There must have been a parts problem with the solenoids. I panicked and had my mechanic change the oil to the recommended GM type and he suggested I keep the old oil filter and if necessary have it analyzed to determine if there were metal particles in it. I am keeping it just in case GM gives me a hard time with the fix if necessary.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Head over to the thread titled "Issues with 2011 Terrain"...you'll find all of the information you need.

Have the recall done, before you leave with your car double check the work order - it's VITAL that they perform the ECM update at the SAME TIME as they replace the solenoids.

If the recall doesn't take care of the start-up noise, PI0562 will, which is to replace the Actuators.

·
Registered
449 Posts
neutronspin said:
Noisy clatter on startup....the same thing I have been reading in the forums. I thought buying American was the patriotic thing to do but was I wrong!....OK I just received an E-mail from the dealership where I bought the car mentioning Recall 11195 plus I need to get an oil change ( I only have 3000 miles on the car). Called them to set up an appointment and the service guy said he would have to check for a "parts kit" availability. He never called me back today (must be a stalling tactic). The car starting "clacking" on startup a week ago. I asked him if it was OK to drive it with the noise and he did not give me an answer....go figure! Step two is to call back tomorrow and see what is my next move. Now I am hitting the panic button...I am retired on fixed income and this purchase was supposed to last me for a long time. Looks like I made a BIG mistake since I cannot afford to deal with this once the vehicle is out of warranty in nine months. To make matters worse GM had the guts to send me a contract for an "extended warranty"....I wonder if it would be a smart purchase for $1700 of course i would have to eat dog food for the next year to pay for it....sorry about the rant but my old age must be showing... :angryfire:
Everytime I read one of these posts it gets me sick to my stomach thinking about a lost 2011 Summer for me and what others may be facing. There are alot of people here who have worked very hard trying to lessen that anguish and cut through GM's red tape as far as what excatly you should be doing, take some time and read the thread Issue's with 2011 Terrain and maybe start a bit further into it as it is pretty long.Good Luck

·
Registered
368 Posts
+1
Thanks for posting, neutronspin; if we could put new posts over on the "issues" thread? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
neutronspin said:
Keep me updated in regards to your progress at the dealer. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions in the meantime. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate the help and GM's representative on this forum. I just talked to the service dept. and am taking the vehicle in to have it checked out. This is truly a great place to discuss these issues...thanks again! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts