GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No clue what one does, but mine is apparently shot. I began hearing a loud clicking sound in the dash, right behind the glove compartment. I didn't notice any problems while driving and the clicking noise stopped after about 5 mins. of driving.

Took it to the dealer and they have to order the part to fix it. Only have about 3k on my 2011 Terrain.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
An actuator is a device that receives a signal from a relay, module or manually operated switch that operates, moves, opens, or closes another device. A good example is when you press the power window switch on your door. The movement of the switch sends a signal to the actuator which does the work of opening or closing the window. I see from your post that you are working with the dealership to have the issue resolved. Please feel free to keep me informed in regards to the fix either on the thread or by private message. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
166 Posts
GMCdriver said:
My best guess would be to control the flaps that direct HVAC air flow to the various vents.
My Trailblazer has the same issue.I follow the Trailvoy forums and there are many issues concerning the actuators.
Could be a universal part with a universal problem !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts