GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can one tell if the ANC is actually working? I hear low rumbles and tons of engine noise when I'm driving down the road. Everyone on the forum has talked about how quiet the Equinox is, but I believe my 2011 Equinox I4 LTZ is louder than both my 2003 Grand Prix and my 2009 Malibu were. I've thought about going in to test drive another vehicle, but was wondering how many of you hear the low rumbles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
May all depend on where you live and the road conditions. I'd say mine is fairly quiet, but we have some rough stretches in town where it is louder.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the V6 and therefore no ANC but mine is one of the quietest vehicles I have ever owned. Is there a fuse for the ANC that may be out?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Redhorseridge said:
How can one tell if the ANC is actually working? I hear low rumbles and tons of engine noise when I'm driving down the road. Everyone on the forum has talked about how quiet the Equinox is, but I believe my 2011 Equinox I4 LTZ is louder than both my 2003 Grand Prix and my 2009 Malibu were. I've thought about going in to test drive another vehicle, but was wondering how many of you hear the low rumbles.
I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more assistance. I know you mentioned this, but I do think that it may also be a good idea to test drive a similar vehicle to see if this is normal. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts