GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find ACDelco 22797218? Or is there an alternative option?. 2011 equinox ls. Really want Bluetooth audio/music not just phone calls.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Where can I find ACDelco 22797218? Or is there an alternative option?. 2011 equinox ls. Really want Bluetooth audio/music not just phone calls.
I just did a google search for ACDelco 22797218 and got multiple pages of sources to buy it, listed as a multi media player interface or radio module interface. Suggest you do same and do your market research. I have no experience with the module and can't recommend a specific source or vendor.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Really want Bluetooth audio/music not just phone calls.
You might want to do more research with that unit. Factory Bluetooth really isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you get streaming audio it will probably be limited to an app like Pandora and it may not be via Bluetooth.

If your intent is to stream music from one of your cloud accounts I would look more toward the aftermarket. Otherwise, you will have to use the auxiliary cable and lose your steering wheel controls for play and pause to stream music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did a google search for ACDelco 22797218 and got multiple pages of sources to buy it, listed as a multi media player interface or radio module interface. Suggest you do same and do your market research. I have no experience with the module and can't recommend a specific source or vendor.
I literally spent a whole day on Google trying to find that part. Every site said it was out of stock or unavailable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might want to do more research with that unit. Factory Bluetooth really isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you get streaming audio it will probably be limited to an app like Pandora and it may not be via Bluetooth.

If your intent is to stream music from one of your cloud accounts I would look more toward the aftermarket. Otherwise, you will have to use the auxiliary cable and lose your steering wheel controls for play and pause to stream music.
Thanks. I was un-aware of this. Basically just wanted to use apps like Spotify/Google play via Bluetooth but if that won't work I guess I will have to go a different route.

Apparently the newest part number is now 23340430. See the chevy cruze forum. They have the most updated information about people doing this upgrade.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/diy-bluetooth-a2dp-bluetooth-audio-streaming.5833/page-24
Thank you!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've considered buying this part in the past, but I don't want to spend a $100 on it. If I can ever find an older bluetooth PDIM on ebay I may go ahead and do it. But for now I've taken a few old 5th generation iPods and upgraded them with 256gb flash storage. So I can now have my entire music collection in lossless format in my Terrain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts