GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately after having my Terrain for just over 6 months, (this past Satuday night) while I was parked someone backed into my drivers door and gave me a nice :'( dent.. (now my door doesn't close properly), luckily I saw the guy do it and was able to stop him before he decided to flee and made a police report.

Just wondering how many of you have been involved in an accident with this great vehicle?

·
Registered
830 Posts
When i was returning from my holiday trip i had no accident but i hit something on the road that blow up one tire... and got a rock in the windshield...

:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
My daughter went backpacking in New Hampshire. I let her use my 4 month old Terrain. She was driving at dawn in the Mt Washington Valley and a moose, yes a moose, steped into the road. It's body creased the entire right side of the car while it's head smashed the windshield and roof. My daughter was fine, the moose walked away, but the terrain... It was hurt pretty bad. It was lucky that it wasn't a direct hit. Because of their height, hitting a moose square in the middle usually sends the entire body through the windshield and nobody walks away.

·
Registered
303 Posts
dpct said:
My daughter went backpacking in New Hampshire. I let her use my 4 month old Terrain. She was driving at dawn in the Mt Washington Valley and a moose, yes a moose, steped into the road. It's body creased the entire right side of the car while it's head smashed the windshield and roof. My daughter was fine, the moose walked away, but the terrain... It was hurt pretty bad. It was lucky that it wasn't a direct hit. Because of their height, hitting a moose square in the middle usually sends the entire body through the windshield and nobody walks away.
Wow, a moose! Sorry to hear about your Terrain, but happy to hear your daughter is OK.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I rear ended a pickup truck this summer(100% my fault) and did about $13,000 dammage to my 7 month old Terrain.
It's all fixed up now and they even put in a chrome SLT grill(the part is the same price as the black one that came in my SLE)

·
Registered
12 Posts
My terrain is probably about 3 months old now and has been hit twice, TWICE!!! One time I was parked in a parking lot at work and I am assuming someone decided to cut their wheel when backing out of the their spot and scraped the front of their car on my driverside fender, just above the wheel well. Not too deep, mostly superficial so I ordered touch up paint to have a friend fix it up.

The week I get the paint I am on an apartment hunting trip since I am moving out of state. I was backed into a spot and someone smashed into almost the same exact spot, only about a foot higher just below the headlight on the driverside. I walked out of the apartment, saw the massive dent and scrapes and almost dropped to my knees.

Of course neither time did I catch the individual who caused the damage. So this week I took it to a collision place to get an estimate to see how much is needed for repairs....$1400 to replace the fender and everything. Atleast insurance will cover most of it and I just have to pay a $500 deductible. I am so glad that $500 and the inconvienance is now tagged onto my car payments. I swear its like a magnet, I don't get it. (Keep in mind i have been saving for years for a new vehicle. I am only 25 and I was so proud when I was able to afford something that wasn't used)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts