GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finalized the deal to buy my wife a new Equinox and we will pick it up next Friday. She wants to get some accessories for it at the very beginning. After doing some researching the following items are what I am looking to buy. If possible I would like to make sure these items actually fit the way they are supposed to by the members of this forum. If there are better options for these items please let me know. I am assuming that the window visor cost is for all four windows.

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/64A5194A0A0.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/60A1739A0A0A3231534.aspx

http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/61A4411A0A0A3231534.aspx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one has bought any of these accessories yet. I will give it a few more days and then delete this thread if possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
reubenray---There's plenty of thread info on the cargo liner query and some brand comparisons as well. Check it out. Haven't seen anything on the deflector products, but do a search anyway...may be something. Don't give up, but do your search homework.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Hi reubenray,

I have the Chevy deflector sheild. The mounting holes line up with holes under the hood.
Hard to see but here it is on my Black Nox.

I am considering the delectors for the windows as rain drips in if you open the windows a crack. Ya, bad me I smoke.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Doogr said:
Hi reubenray,

I have the Chevy deflector sheild. The mounting holes line up with holes under the hood.
Hard to see but here it is on my Black Nox.

I am considering the delectors for the windows as rain drips in if you open the windows a crack. Ya, bad me I smoke.[/color]
We purchased the side window deflectors, but we don't smoke in the vehicle anyway.
They are just nice to have, especially in the winter on those days when you're windows can freeze shut due to snow/ice.

reubenra, look in the picture share area or search by accessory name.
You'll find lots of pictures and opinions.

Not sure how to search?
Just ask and someone will help you out.
If you look at my "signature" below this text you'll see we've purchased just about every accessory for our Terrain and I've posted pictures of most, if not all of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being I have not received my Noz yet nor have looked at a Terrain at all will most of the accessories work on both vehicles. This is why I was concerned with the posts that referred to the Terrain instead of the Nox.

Also is "AutoAnything.com" the best spot to get these accessories?

Gearhead - did you get the "in channel" model of window visor and if so did you still have to use any tape?

Also everyone thanks for the replies!! I will probably order these accessories this weekend where they can be used quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
reubenray said:
Being I have not received my Noz yet nor have looked at a Terrain at all will most of the accessories work on both vehicles. This is why I was concerned with the posts that referred to the Terrain instead of the Nox.

Also is "AutoAnything.com" the best spot to get these accessories?

Gearhead - did you get the "in channel" model of window visor and if so did you still have to use any tape?

Also everyone thanks for the replies!! I will probably order these accessories this weekend where they can be used quickly.
I think some of the accessories are vehicle specific since the Equinox and Terrain are physically different.
The cargo area is probably the same.

Most of the accessories I purchased from my Dealer, who installed the side window weather deflectors.
They are glued on.
I'll post some pics shortly.

The only things not from the dealer were the cargo liner (from e-bay, not bad at all for $75 US, there is a thread here on it) and the floor mats are from weathertech.ca or weathertech.com, the original manufacturers.
It seems there's a lot of positive feedback from those who've used autoanything.com.

I'd check with your dealer, he may be able to get what you want and there's the added sense of security that you can see and touch what you're buying before you pay for it, whereas internet shopping is pretty much you have to guess what it's going to be like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This question probably sounds stupid to ya'll but here goes. I have not seen what we are getting next Friday. The interior color shows it to be "Jet Black". Does this mean it will be solid black everywhere (seats, dash, doors, etc.)? The pictures they show on the dealers website are pictures of different Equinox's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
reubenray said:
This question probably sounds stupid to ya'll but here goes. I have not seen what we are getting next Friday. The interior color shows it to be "Jet Black". Does this mean it will be solid black everywhere (seats, dash, doors, etc.)? The pictures they show on the dealers website are pictures of different Equinox's.
We have a jet black interior Terrain and everything but the A-pillar (the posts that run along each side of the windshield and attach to the roof) and headliner are a light greyish color, making for a good contrast.
Also, there's LOTS of chrome on the dash and center console which also creates a stark contrast to the black.
Everyone who's seen our interior comments on the great look and layout.
The Nox will be the same for the most part, except the interior LED lighting will be a light blue instead of red.
I'm 99% sure you'll love yours!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picking out the color for the cargo mat is the reason for asking. My wife wants either black or gray (the exterior is the Gray color). I need to find some interior pictures to look at of the cargo section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
reubenray said:
Picking out the color for the cargo mat is the reason for asking. My wife wants either black or gray (the exterior is the Gray color). I need to find some interior pictures to look at of the cargo section.
Check out the pictures in here --> http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=13

That is a black cargo liner, a black cargo organizer, black cargo cover, black cargo net and...if there's anything I missed, it's probably black LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Hello Reubanray,

First off i would definately consider getting floorliners to keep the carpet looking new. i bought the Husky Weatherbeaters and they are fantastic.

I will for sure next get the molded hood protector, but will order from dealership. Alot of websites i see them on they are attatched to the underside of the hood by adhesive. This just seems to me to be a little chincy or cheap, i would rather have the OEM product. Others with different experiences please correct me if i'm wrong.

The window rain deflectors are distracting in my opinion.

We have the jet black leather interior in our equinox and love it. As Gearhead said the seats, dash, floor, console are all black. Ceiling and pillars are light grey. The entertainment center in dash has grey plastic.

Refer to the actual GM website for great pictures of interior in jet black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The particular bug deflector by WeatherTech (#50198) is supposed to be attached using screws and the existing holes.

I am still debating on which floor mats to get. I have a set in my Avalanche I bought 4 years ago from Wal-Mart that still works and looks great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
lutherm07 said:
...

I will for sure next get the molded hood protector, but will order from dealership. Alot of websites i see them on they are attatched to the underside of the hood by adhesive. This just seems to me to be a little chincy or cheap, i would rather have the OEM product.[/color] Others with different experiences please correct me if i'm wrong.

...
Uh-oh!
You mean there's more to buy? What's a "molded hood protector"? (it's Monday morning, need lots of coffee and shake the cobwebs out LOL)!
Thanks lutherm07!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does the cargo section of the Nox have anywhere to tie down something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks - I was searching for the Equinox, but could only find the Terrain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
reubenray said:
Thanks - I was searching for the Equinox, but could only find the Terrain.
For future reference..Terrain and Equinox interiors are the same. Manuals are almost the same too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
You can also use the latch points for baby seats on the back of the rear seats to hook a bungee cord to, for example.
Just a thought.
;)
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top