GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I have terrain 2014 3.6l.
After the winter I realized that ac not giving cold air. It blows only warm. First of all I that that there is no refrigerant in the system but after I checked it with mechanic it was ok. When I turn on the ac led button in switch on, clutch with compressor starts, but low pressure line is showing around 80psi as the hi pressure. We’ve changed expansion valve, hi pressure sensor, relays and ambient outdoor temperature sensor. Checked fuses and cabin temperature sensonrs. All works. Refill refrigerant in the service. It still blowing only warm air from outside. Actuators works fine a can regulate from hot to outside temperature, but not cold air. The main problem that I have right now that I have 2 fans on radiator and when I turn on the AC condenser fan not starting. But if I’ll disconnect rellay it will turn on both of them so the fan is works. Before the winter when I was turning AC in autumn it could start randomly like from the fifth time sometime from the first. In summer it was ok. Looking for suggestions in searching the problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Did you do a Evacuation of system? before recharging? Sometimes they get filled up with a brown goo inside, and I will show good pressures, but there are no gasses

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, where you able to solve this? How did it go?
Few times was trying to refill refrigerant and each time a/c was working around 10 minutes properly. Looks like when the pressure adjusted by the service machine it blows cold till it goes the same hi and low and the stops. Going to buy pre-owned a/c compressor and install it. My hvac friend says the there could be broken valves in compressor thats why hi pressure goes to low line. Will see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts