GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am new here, so here is what i need, can any one here tell me why my abs system lights come on, i installed new rotors, and new breaks, it went away for the week and now its back, any help on this?

·
0 Posts
sparks0304 said:
ok i am new here, so here is what i need, can any one here tell me why my abs system lights come on, i installed new rotors, and new breaks, it went away for the week and now its back, any help on this?
Typically ABS light coming on is related to a sensor....not the brakes themselves (in fact it has nothing to do wtih the brakes, abs has to do with wheel speeds). I would have a shop or someone that has the ability to read the code. That would help you more than just replacing random parts

ABS Controller
Wheel Speed Sensors

Its more than likely one of those items, I would go with the speed sensors on the wheels, or a broken wire (very common) around them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok no broken wires, my nox has 45000 miles, i would thionk that the bearings would be good for more miles than that, also dealer read the nox and said no code was there, so i guess next step is to replace front wheel bearings and see if that takes care of problem, will let you all know what i find, thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
well the same thing happened to me.. this is what i did.

took it to the dealer to figure out what exactly was the problem.( they do it for free, and they have the proper reader). I had sensor problem on one wheel and rotor problem on the other. So had to change both. :( Then i had the sensor cleaned regularly by my mechanic and the lights do not come on again at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts