GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read other posts on here but havent found anything similiar to my problem. My mother has a 2006 Equinox with 46,000 miles on it and it has issues with the ABS but the light on the dash does not come on. When you are at speed and need to slow down, there are no issues with the brakes but if you are coming to a stop the ABS kicks in from around 7 mph until you come to a complete stop on both dry or wet roads. My brother in law took it to a local "garage" and they changed a sensor and cleaned another one but they said the only way they could get the brakes to work correctly was to TAKE THE REAR DRIVESHAFT OUT !!!!!! So now she has just a front wheel drive car to drive up here in upstate NY. Does anyone have ANY recommendations as what to try now?? A diagnostic computer wont work because the ABS light does not come on i believe.Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
have 06 nox with 99k on it . i am having same issue . i have replaced both front wheel bearings and one rear one and the car is reacting as you are describing. i unplugged the opposite rear sensor and solved the problem but now the lights are back on on the dash. i am wondering that when i installed the brakes i might have tightened the brake pads to tight and that might be causing that side to stop before the other wheels, when i try to loosen i will let you know of the results :cheers:

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
hyperv6 said:
Hmm Tonto smells troll.
Or, an idiot for buying an Edge !

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
RIT333 said:
Or, an idiot for buying an Edge !
Kemosabe that is one and the same.

Yes I did see the Lone Ranger. Not great but entertaining. Best to wait for video. It is a Tonto movie.

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
hyperv6 said:
Kemosabe that is one and the same.

Yes I did see the Lone Ranger. Not great but entertaining. Best to wait for video. It is a Tonto movie.
Hope that the color of his Edge is Hi Ho Silver ! Or is it Ho Hum Silver.

·
Registered
194 Posts
it cheap silver-plate.... ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
after replacing 3 of the 4 wheel bearings , the abs was activated when slowwing down to approx. 10 km/hr. then i discovered the 4th wheel was leaking brake fluid from a brake cylinder. once i replaced it the abs problem was resolved and the lights were off on the dash

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '06 has had numerous problems including the heater door and the ABS lights coming on. I fixed the ABS light be replacing the right front ABS sensor with an aftermarket part. It was measuring open with an ohm meter and I read on one of these forums that is how you determine it was bad. After that, I experienced the ABS activation at 5 mph. Thinking it was a mismatch of aftermarket to factory sensor, I replaced the left front sensor - didn't fix the issue. Since I will not take my cars to a dealer, I pulled the fuse - this does cause ABS and traction control to stay on. That was 3 years ago. Now, I was about to trade the thing in and found this forum talking about the cable from the sensor to inside the firewells. Ordered 2 AC sensors and 2 cables on Amazon for ~$130. Just finished installing them about 10 minutes ago. Seems to have fixed it - finally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts