GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did a diagnostic with Onstar, this is what they came up with.

Here are the results of your recent On-Demand Diagnostic request on your 2015 GMC Terrain.

ModuleDiagnostic CodeDiagnostic InformationRecommended Action
ECM - Engine SystemNoneNo Error Code FoundNone
SDM - Airbag SystemNoneNo Error Code FoundNone
VIU - OnStar SystemNoneNo Error Code FoundNone
TCM - Transmission SystemNoneNo Error Code FoundNone
BOI - Bulb Outage IndicatorsU0151
ABS - Braking and Stability SystemC0035An issue has been detected in the Traction Control System.Service within 7 days

C0035 relates to a service bulletin "GM has issued a service bulletin #PIC5428G to address a Service Traction Message or Service Stabilitrak Message along with these possible trouble codes: C0035, C0040, C0045, U0415, C0050" Of course my car is out of warranty and would not be covered under this and the dealer wants to charge me a $119 to run a diagnostic.
It could possibly be this

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like how onstar says to service within 7 days, hmm i guess the car will blow up after 8 lol, As for the code, C0035 refers to the left front wheel sensor, and it does have 7 variations which were not listed by onstar but would be by the dealer who wants to charge the diagnostic fee. In most cases it is the whole wheel assembly that needs to be replaced which is what you have posted as the picture. It is not hard to do yourself and it sure does not cost 400 dollars. It is not unusual for these to go but less than 5 years is a little soon. While doing it check the wiring going to it and make sure no chafing or slices are in it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts