GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to bite the bullet and get a 'nox. around $28k+tax (Canada), just bluetooth, 6 speakers....FWD, I4.
Seems a good deal, its a 2012, black on black. They want the sale and are "willing" to shell out about $5k for my 08 cobalt.
I am putting all my eggs in this basket, hope chevy wont let me down with the reliability or gas mileage. Whats on paper is awesome, hows the real world?
Any major issues? I dont care about the warranty, I care not to be stranded in the woods waiting for the tow truck. The Cobalt is now 160.000km and its has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Front brakes and rotors...and.....tires. That's it. For almost 4 years and 160k.
Still thinking about the deal......so, do you love your 'nox or do you hate it ? :)
I want space, good mileage and reliability.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: About to get one

The Nox has it's issue just like any other car. You can see evidence of it on this site, but I would try not to worry yourself on the issue.

The Nox is a great car. In it's class it really can't be beat. We have 4000 miles on my wifes 2011 and she loves it. I would buy her another one if we were in the market for a new one. The one thing on paper that you should not "expect" is the 32 highway(or whatever it is for you in CA). It's just not realistic in most real world driving. I figure if I get upper 20's with a family of 4 and luggage on a trip I'm doing good. Maybe that same trip with just me would get close to 32.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Having just bought a 2012 myself, I looked the nox over well, I could not find any physical defects. Built in Canada, they did a great job.

·
Registered
361 Posts

i have never got more than 22 mpg. its just like the acadia and the mileage is very overstated.

their biggest issue is the rattle noise at idle. its kind of annoying and gm said live with it. you didn't mention mylink so that must not be a concern or part of the purchase decision. if it is it has yet to be released.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

They wanted $2500 more for the 7" and the rest of the toys. This takes it outside of my price range and it does not include the heated seats. Deal breaker for me, so I opted out.
LS with cruise, BT, DIC, and small other toys are good enough for me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: About to get one - GOT IT :) !

Done deal. They wanted the sale so they paid an unexpected good price for the old trusty cobalt. Basically it was an offer I could not refuse :) meh, I only live once, might as well make a good thing out of it.
I'm bringing the baby home Tuesday.
First time ever I have a good, nice easy experience with a car dealership.
Will shop there again for sure.
So, done !
Black on black. Name's Rhonda.

·
Registered
371 Posts

canadian_bacon said:
They wanted $2500 more for the 7" and the rest of the toys. This takes it outside of my price range and it does not include the heated seats. Deal breaker for me, so I opted out.
LS with cruise, BT, DIC, and small other toys are good enough for me.
7"?

·
Registered
10,406 Posts

tsduke said:
It's the 7" wheel option. Really gives it nice lowered stance - but a huge wheel gap !

:banghead:

·
Registered
289 Posts

canadian_bacon said:
Seven inches as in touch screen. Easier to type from the phone
The touch screen is standard....so why is it $2500 more?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

yeah, I dont get that either...

·
Registered
59 Posts

For another $2500, they might be trying to give you a 2012 vs a 2011 which does not have the touch screen. Dig deeper.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

In Canada, the LS does not have the touch screen LT and up only.
And it is a 2012.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Sounds like the situation with the Mylink/Intellilink....(not available yet, but when it is, only on loaded models..)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Sounds like the situation with the Mylink/Intellilink....(not available yet, but when it is, only on loaded models..)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I know, I would have gotten the deal, but it does not include the heated seats.
The screen is not such a big feature for me, I don't like any lights inside when I'm driving at night.
I might go with an after market nav, but the dashboard is not the standard double din anymore...:(
Is there anything available ? It looks like it might fit under the console....
Let this be the problem :)
I'm just hoping I'll enjoy the car and it will be reliable.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

the baby is home, black on black.
superb drive. quiet. for the first 20km city only, the mpg already went from 18 to 23mpg.
99 + and 1 -

the minus- cant not stream music from iphone to car via bluetooth.
2012, LS, built 09/11.

Where would be a cheap place to get the cargo net and the cover roll-over?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts