GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new fully loaded 2019 SLT black edition with black GMC badges as well and am thnking of addidng an additional distinctive touch by wrapping the tail lights with a smoke tint so that they aren't the bright red that they are and painting the calipers either black or red. I'll decide if I want to tint the windows too once I see it.

What do you think? Is it overkill?

Carmine

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I always wonder about the smoked out taillights....
They seem ok.. at night- but daytime.... harder to see the stop lamps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
1) If you ask for opinions, be sure to accept negative answers.

2) Its your car, do what you desire
3) I like your thought, blacking out looks good and with a SLIGHT color enhance ( Red Brake Calipers) would look nice in my opinion. And definitely tint the windows. That would be and always is my first accessory

On my Vette, I heard so much slack from other Vette owners, when I tinted the windows and lowered it. But when we went on Runs, and especially when we went to Vegas. Everyone would have to wait for their car from Valet, but mine was always OUT FRONT

If your car don't turn you on, then why drive it

I ordered a new fully loaded 2019 SLT black edition with black GMC badges as well and am thnking of addidng an additional distinctive touch by wrapping the tail lights with a smoke tint so that they aren't the bright red that they are and painting the calipers either black or red. I'll decide if I want to tint the windows too once I see it.

What do you think? Is it overkill?

Carmine

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Negative comments don't bother me as long as they are respectful and insightful. At the end of the day I am just curious to get some feedback, but my mind is pretty much made up. I will paint my calipers, smoke the taillights, tint the windows and most probably wrap the wood like veneer in the vehicle with a gloss black, or carbon fiber finish.:wink:

·
Registered
245 Posts
you can either murder it out (not for me) or you can do a 50% tint and red calipers which is probably what I would do...and leave the tails as they are to pop with the calipers... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tinted taillights look great, and the newer lights are so bright they still show well enough.
Slightly tinted front windows look better than stock, too dark and you cant see out well enough at night.

-Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts