GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I recently test drove a 2 SLT GMC Terrain. While we both really like the vehicle and are leaning towards purchasing one, I noticed that while almost everything seemed to be lit up at night, I did not notice the mirror switches being lit up? Is this the way it's designed, or did we by chance drive one that wasn't working properly? No big deal, just thought it strange as her current vehicle ('05 Impala) they light up. Also, if anyone has pics of the interior at night, post them up, I couldn't find very many online.

Also, anyone know why dual climate control isn't offered? Here again, it's something we've grown accustomed too, and I'm not sure we're going to be able to over look it. We've discussed the fact the Terrain has heated seats, but I'm not sure that's going to be enough........I know on our recent trip to see our daughter, my wife had the heat almost all the way up on her side, and I was running it just a couple clicks above cold on mine.

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
XTRME 94 said:
My wife and I recently test drove a 2 SLT GMC Terrain. While we both really like the vehicle and are leaning towards purchasing one, I noticed that while almost everything seemed to be lit up at night, I did not notice the mirror switches being lit up? Is this the way it's designed, or did we by chance drive one that wasn't working properly? No big deal, just thought it strange as her current vehicle ('05 Impala) they light up. Also, if anyone has pics of the interior at night, post them up, I couldn't find very many online.

Also, anyone know why dual climate control isn't offered? Here again, it's something we've grown accustomed too, and I'm not sure we're going to be able to over look it. We've discussed the fact the Terrain has heated seats, but I'm not sure that's going to be enough........I know on our recent trip to see our daughter, my wife had the heat almost all the way up on her side, and I was running it just a couple clicks above cold on mine.
Not sure about the mirror lights - once you get used to the car, lights are not needed - just comes natural.

As far as dual-zone HVAC, that would be nice. Having never had it, I don't miss it, but I will admit that it would be nice. I guess you could close off your vents to control a different temp to your side.

I love my Equinox, but you have to love it too, or else don't buy it, otherwise you are wasting money.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you get them where you want (along with the seat) and do the memory thing, it will remember and set the mirrors the same every time you hit the button. Good for two drivers anyway).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said, not really a big deal, but can anyone answer whether it's designed this way? or did we test drive one that wasn't working properly? I'd hate to buy one not knowing whether it was working properly or not.....

·
Registered
949 Posts
Are you talking about the switch that adjusts the side view mirrors? I don't think mine light up.

If you're talking about different switches, please explain more. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. Both the L/R switch and the direction "4 way" switch for the side mirrors. The 4 window switches and the window lock switch below them light up, but I thought it was weird that the mirror switches didn't............they do on my wife's car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yeah, the mirror control does not light up. Would be nice if it did and also it would be nice if the wiper controls and headlight controls were lighted especially the fog light rotary control. Gotta feel for it in the dark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black Granite LTZ said:
Yeah, the mirror control does not light up. Would be nice if it did and also it would be nice if the wiper controls and headlight controls were lighted especially the fog light rotary control. Gotta feel for it in the dark.
LOL, now that you mention it, I did have to turn on the interior lights to find the fog light switch! Thanks for the response and the definitive answer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts