GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been reading these forums for a few weeks now as I have researched the Terrain. I am very close to buying one (maybe as early as today), but I have a couple of quick questons about functionality:

1) Does the Navigation system do "Text to Speech", i.e. does it read street names?

2) When assigning a memory seat position to a Key Fob, is the seat position set when you unlock the car or when you turn on the engine. If the seat is reset when you open the car, it could make it hard to get in if I use the "Easy Exit" function.

Thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i can't answer your second question as i don't have memory seats, but for the nav system, it does say street names during navigation. good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a note about the Key Fob, it isn't a Fob. The Terrain has an actual key, only the SRX has the Fob.

The memory seats work in the following way:
You set the seat with the key in and ignition switched to on or started. The seat number you set then associates it with the key in the ignition. Insert the other key and set the other seat position. Each key now remembers the position, but only when you unlock the doors. So if say driver 1 drives the car, gets out and doesn't lock the car and then driver two gets in the seat will be in driver 1s position. However if driver 1 locks the car and then driver 2 unlocks the car the seat will move to the correct position before driver 2 gets in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jbsails said:
Just a note about the Key Fob, it isn't a Fob. The Terrain has an actual key, only the SRX has the Fob.

The memory seats work in the following way:
You set the seat with the key in and ignition switched to on or started. The seat number you set then associates it with the key in the ignition. Insert the other key and set the other seat position. Each key now remembers the position, but only when you unlock the doors. So if say driver 1 drives the car, gets out and doesn't lock the car and then driver two gets in the seat will be in driver 1s position. However if driver 1 locks the car and then driver 2 unlocks the car the seat will move to the correct position before driver 2 gets in.
Yea, I call it FOB, since it is a combined key and FOB.

So the Seat moves before you get in. That is kind of bad. If I drive with the seat forward, that means the seat will move forward before I get in the car. I would rather it move after I start the engine. That would make it easier to get in. Oh, well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You have to keep pressing the mem button right and it returns to your setting..it does not auto move when u unlock?? I noticed when I get it on keep pressing the mem button and the seat moves to mem position?? Thanks

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
The way I read the manual, you can have up to about 4 or so remotes store different seatling/mirror positions, and then the seat 1/2 buttons can store an additional 2 seating positions. Can't say I have tried it, not know why I would need the seat button to be different from the remotes, but I believe it exists. Wife is 1 foot shorter than I am, and we love the memory seat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Our seats don't move until we push whichever memory button our position is set for. The seat stays back even with the key in until the memory button is pressed and held until the seat stops. Unless there is another setting in the menu that I missed. I wish the seat would go to the desired memory position by just pressing the memory button and releasing, not holding it down.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
I believe that you have to enable the memory seat function through the Infotainment System - I like saying that - it makes it sound so important.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
That was my interpretation of the manual also - you control whether or not you want your RKE to change seat position via the Remote Lock/Unlock/Start screen. (an odd place for it, IMHO)

·
Registered
446 Posts
For a while, I thought the easy exit function wasn't working. I later found out that I was normally riding in the seat where it would be at the easy exit position. DOH! ;)

One thing I dislike about the seats is that when moved up, they also move slightly forward. Yuck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi SnowItch - I checked out your post on the user manual about memory seats... I'm still a little confused. I get the 1 and 2 presets on the actual seat. But for the Keyfob - I have mine set to Easy Exit on the Nav Config Screen. When I open the door the seat goes back like it is suppose to. But when I get back in how do I actually get it to go back into place without holding down #1 or #2 of the memory seat buttons? One day last week I did something (no idea what) and when I sat down the seat went back to it's normal place without me holding down #1...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep - I saw that and I did the programming to the Fob. I get out. Lock the door with the remote. Then I unlock the door (press the unlock button on the remote once) and get in. The seat is still in the Easy Exit position. Maybe I'm missing something in the article... it's been a crazy day already and it's only noon!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I figured out how to get the memory seat to work... the owners manual correction post didn't say that you need to unlock the truck. Then hit unlock again to move the seat to it's memory position. For me the door has to be open when I hit unlock on the remote to go back to memory. If I am already in the seat with the door clocked and hit unlock the 2nd time nothing happens.

·
Registered
265 Posts
If the seat does not move up when u unlock the door and open ..get in and press whatever mem u set and the seat will go forward to your mem spot..I notice if i unlock the doors and open back door first to put something and then open driver door..the seat does not always move up auto..u have to hit the mem button u set..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts