GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ‘12 Terrain just recently started only blowing through the floor vents. I was wondering where the actuator to switch between the vents is? I found the hot/cold blender actuator and the recirculating actuator on the pass side dash but I cant seam to locate the direction actuator. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 ‘Nox LS AWD Summit white, 07 Torrent FWD Black, 05 Pursuit Ultra Silver, 16 F150 XLT Sport
47 Posts
I know on the 05-09 torrent/nox that is in the main part of the HVAC and if i remember correctly, when I did my heater core it was on the drivers side and passenger side on the top of the box, I think? You might be lucky and be able to remove a few panels and access it but you might have to gut the dash- dont quote me on it but I know that HVAC components on the interior are not fun to replace on theta's in general.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The mode door is on the left side and a little harder to get than the blend door.
There are a couple of YouTube videos on this, do a Google search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My ‘12 Terrain just recently started only blowing through the floor vents. I was wondering where the actuator to switch between the vents is? I found the hot/cold blender actuator and the recirculating actuator on the pass side dash but I cant seam to locate the direction actuator. TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have a problem with the vents not working? The problem is the Blend module directly above the gas pedal it is malfunctioning and it is not hard to replace, I will say it's a bit tricky to get to it but it can be done. Remove the two panels under the steering column and under the metal plate you will see a computer module right above the gas pedal, remove the two bolts which are 10 millimeter pull the computer module down and then remove the small cover plate the computer was attached to 3 bolts pull plate down then you will have access to remove the blend module easy to do if you want to save yourself some money. I did however had to disconnect the car battery and leave off for a minute then reconnect battery to reset the actuator which then worked fine. The blend or mode actuator requires to be reprogrammed after complete installation and by removing the battery cable you accomplish that (simple).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts