GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 06 Equinox, my A/C will freeze up so to speak. I will have it running and its blowing ice cold air, then the air slows down almost to a stop. I turn off the AC switch and then in a few minutes the fans is back blowing full force. I switch the AC back on...then repeat after about of 20 min of driving. I have tried just temp control, but will freeze up either way. Have had a the shop and there is no leaks and system is fully charged. I changed the in cabin filter and that also did not work. Is there something I could look for such as a sensor switch or another filter somewhere??

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2006 Equinox (new to me), and when the humidity got high this summer, I discovered my A/C was freezing up. It would start off nice and cold and after a while would get warmer and warmer (also the air volume decreased). Chevrolet told my dealer that they were having trouble with a sensor under the evaporator, and a new "program" for this problem. So my dealer changed the sensor, and also "reprogrammed" the A/c. It appears to have fixed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts