GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
It also looks like GMC is bringing back the 'Jimmy' for the 2021/2022 MY. It appears that it will be based on the Traverse and Enclave bodies which would make sense as GMC does not have a vehicle in that size anymore, notwithstanding the downsized Acadia. Google it and see.
Some of us like the "down sized" Acadia. Just an inch here and there larger then the 2nd Gen Equinox/Terrain, 3.6L LGX V6 engine, not turbo, 6 speed less trouble transmission, lot's nicer and quieter than the old or new Equinox and we are getting +1 to +2 MPG better [ 22 MPG mixed city - - +27MPG highway] . . . all on 87 octane regular.
Plus LED interior lighting, 8 - way power Drvr & Pasngr front seats, leather seating, and more in the SLT-1 we have for just under $31K ($41K MSRP).

Side notes: I also like that the mentioned 6 speed has a transmission top cap filler with dip stick for checking the level and still states "Dexron IV" fluid on the cap. There are other "old school" features as well that work as intended. The Acadia is a good blend of new tech and proven hardware that may not be around in a few more years.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
You think u got it cheap because the 2020's are coming soon?

Refreshed exterior, 9 speed, electronic precision shift. All very similar the 18/19's Terrains.

Will prob get better MPGs as well. I really like the captain chairs however

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It’s still the current MY, not a leftover 2019 in calendar year 2020.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
You think u got it cheap because the 2020's are coming soon?

Refreshed exterior, 9 speed, electronic precision shift. All very similar the 18/19's Terrains.

Will prob get better MPGs as well. I really like the captain chairs however

Got it at a low price because the dealer has amazing pricing and business model.
The "refresh", is exactly what I did not want nor the 9 speed transmission. Also, do not want the "Stop/Start" feature and added wear and tear.

It will remain to be seen if the Actual MPG is much better with the same V6 engine option.

I am getting 22 around town in mixed mostly city driving (25 to 40 MPH) and 27 to 33 MPG highway all with the 3.6L V6 and the Acadia didn't even have 300 miles on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wouldnt really consider the 9T65 weaker. They already use it in the Blazer/XT6/other platforms. Its the future.

Auto-stop gets a defeat button.

And then you get the new infotainment. Its really great in my 19 Terrain.

I'd wait for the refresh Acadia model personally. Lots of subtle changes. Plus an AT4 model to boot.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Anytime you can get get roughly 25% off MSRP on a current MY and not a leftover in the next calendar year and is just getting a refresh and not a total redesign, why not take advantage of the pricing? Now if the refreshed model has a MUST have item ....

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
And then you get the new infotainment. Its really great in my 19 Terrain.
I'd wait for the refresh Acadia model personally. Lots of subtle changes. Plus an AT4 model to boot.
I would not be in the market for the AT4. Not sure how the 2019 Terrain Info is different that the 2019 Acadia. All 2019 GM products got new, branded Infotainments. And with the issues the previous "new" Infotainment had with updates that didn't always work. . . I'll stick with what the 2019 Acadia has. From reading about the "new" one. . I don't see any real advantages for my use. Different graphics, etc.

I'll take 25% off as @scbearsfan says anyday . . . . and the versatile passenger cargo options - -:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Isn't the Acadia and the Traverse similar? Same platform just as the Equinox & Terrain share same platform?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Isn't the Acadia and the Traverse similar? Same platform just as the Equinox & Terrain share same platform?
Nope the Acadia was downsized for MY 2017, lost about 400 pounds, several inches in cargo room. As of now the Enclave and Traverse are the only full size SUV GM has. Sorry Cadillac just came out with an XT7 which is now their full size SUV.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts

As scbearsfan says .. . The Acadia was a complete redesign in 2017 and is now just a tad larger than the 2nd Gen Equinox/Terrain. It is built on the same platform as the Cadillac XT5 in Spring Hill, TN.
The new Blazer is similar in size to the Acadia, but does not offer the 3rd row seating or optional center row captains chair seats.

About GMC Acadia

The GMC Acadia is a mid-size crossover utility vehicle (CUV). It is the largest GMC crossover currently offered, slotting above the compact GMC Terrain.
The current model was introduced for the 2017 model year and represents the second generation of the Acadia nameplate. It rides on the GM C1 platform shared with the Cadillac XT5. It is expected that the upcoming, future Chevrolet Blazer will ride on the same platform. Meanwhile, the second-generation Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave use a longer-wheelbase variant of the same architecture.
Compared to its first-generation predecessor, the second-gen Acadia is an all-new vehicle that is one size segment smaller, while also being sleeker, more modern, more tech-laden and much lighter. Despite its smaller size, the second-gen Acadia manages to retain three rows of seating and generous cargo space.

·
Registered
955 Posts
JayTee, Thanks for that clarification. I hadn't caught that as I was reviewing the Acadia/Travers/Enclave alternatives. That information certainly points me toward the Acadia--siz and weight are critical factors to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been a "Regular" gas users all my driving life. Now that I have a 2019 AWD Premier Equinox 2.0L I will be asking for Premium. I just filled my vehicle up with 93 Octane but noticed the station I gased up at also offered Plus with was 89 Octane I believe. I usually gas up at Costco which I know only offers two grades. Is their upper grade 93 Octane?

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you open the gas door it says premium. I will run better on higher obtain. Turbo needs premium, because it burns slower than 87. I would at least run 89 before 87 if I had to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been a "Regular" gas users all my driving life. Now that I have a 2019 AWD Premier Equinox 2.0L I will be asking for Premium. I just filled my vehicle up with 93 Octane but noticed the station I gased up at also offered Plus with was 89 Octane I believe. I usually gas up at Costco which I know only offers two grades. Is their upper grade 93 Octane?
Up in WA state Costco premium is 92

·
Registered
486 Posts
Up in WA state Costco premium is 92

Close enough, we have two premium's available in my area; 91 no ethanol and 93 with ethanol. I've used both.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If we could have gotten 25% off on an Acadia we'd be in one today. Our GMC dealer liked their cars way too much so we had to let them keep it. Probably the ideal CUV I think.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Tom3, where are you located? By me they running between $4K to 6K off nothing like JayTee got. A couple of months ago one dealer did have some that were $10K off on some models.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Too late, we're in a new Chevy. Side note, we turned in our '17 Terrain, SLEII, loaded with sunroof after the lease ran out. We had extended the lease a couple months trying to figure out what was next. But average trade in on it was between $18 and 19k from what we were told. GM leasing wouldn't budge on the buyout price ($24k) or we would have kept that machine. See it on a lot in Pa. listed at $25k. I'm wondering if maybe it's better to run all the leased miles off, maybe get a better price on the buyout?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts