GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I usually wash my car and vacuum the interior about every other week schedule permitting. Today i dedicated the entire day to get my 2010 terrain looking as close to new as possible. While this is my daily driver i use it for work too sometimes moving construction materials and tools to our job sites. My employes also drive my car when we just need an extra vehicle for some reason. So it gets pretty dirty especially the interior.

My main method of cleaning the interior is to open all the doors and windows and use my leaf blower to blast out all of the dust from the carpets and seats. Then use the shop vac to get the rest. Works fairly well. However after 5yrs and 111k miles it needed something more drastic.

Pulled the seats so i could totally shampoo and scrub them and the entire carpet and the seats.

Shampooed, brushed and power-washed the mats and spare tire cover.

Feels like a new car again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Davek said:
Looks good... wanna do mine next??????? lol.. I have the same model and color... mine is a 2011. :dancing:
I've owned 7 vehicles and if I count my wife's cars thats 11 total. I can honestly say that this color is the best looking color I have ever owned. If I could choose this color for all future vehicles I think I would. We have an Audi A4 which would look sweet painted Mocha.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Default User said:
What products did you use?
Pics dont show how nicked and scratched some of my interior panels are from daily abuse. The cargo area looks like a "cargo area".

I use simple green for general cleaning up daily stains and marks then Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner on the plastic surfaces.

For cloth and carpet I just use generic household carpet cleaner like Bissel or Resolve.

Lexol leather conditioner (not on this car)

For windows Stoner Invisible Glass seems to work great.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well, I don't go 5 years, but do go about one year+ in our Wisconsin weather.
Local detailer shop does the inside of both cars every 12+ months and every 2+ years the outside of both with my supplied exterior product.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

I'd recommend disconnecting the negative terminal of your battery and wait a few hours before disconnecting the seats wiring harness.
This should deactivate the airbag system.
Have a good cleaning!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Re:

It's a precaution that's mentioned in service guides. If you're feeling confident, then power to you.
Yes, disconnecting airbag connectors without disconnecting the battery has been done before. So have texting while driving. But I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Toolaa2000 said:
My main method of cleaning the interior is to open all the doors and windows and use my leaf blower to blast out all of the dust from the carpets and seats. Then use the shop vac to get the rest. Works fairly well.
Heh? A leaf blower *inside* the car? That sounds like chaos! How do you stop the dirt from blowing up under the dash? Or ricocheting into the vents or speakers, or sandblasting your plastic panels or headliner?

Maybe if you vacuum *first*, THEN use the leaf blower (then vacuum again), but this method doesn't seem like a good idea to me - unless you can control where the dirt/dust is going. That's what *suction* does for you.

But hey - if you're going to the trouble of taking out the seats, you might as well take it a step further and pull out the carpeting, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts