GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to break through past 50 mpg? I drove a 2018 Terrain for 2 years. I would regularly get 49 mpg. Of coarse I would use cruise and draft behind semis when ever possible. Just could not bust that 50 mpg!

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
What engine do you have ? Btw, is it worth risking your life by slipstreaming semis for a science experiment ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What engine do you have ? Btw, is it worth risking your life by slipstreaming semis for a science experiment ?
1.5 L, here in Detroit staying 15-20 feet off some ones bumper only allows another vehicle to slip in between. Try keeping speed at around 50 and you would be amazed.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Also. . . he's going by the 25 Mile Average setting on the DIC .
[QUOTE="Flyer Mechanic, post: 313522, member:
That would be my average over 25 miles. Couldn't pull it off consistently, only on days where traffic doesn't push you over 50mph
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we would all see better average MPG at that setting. There are those who say even the 50 Mile DIC Average is pretty bogus and nor a very good average indication.

Maybe I'll try the 25 Mile Average setting on our Acadia and report back ! LOL
(Ducks as RIT gives the evil eye and throws rocks) 🤪

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Nah JayTee, i predict that your Acadia will get up to 100 mpg !!!

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have for 50 miles...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pretty sure the computer is "estimating" .... It's not accurate. A lot of cars are not accurate. Air up your tires and lose any dead weight... Wax it really good u will get there.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
My '10 Equinox computer MPG was almost always aboit 1.5 higher than my calculated MPG, bit my '18 is pretty darn close. And better !

Reactions: christopherlompoc

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yea I also noticed the Speedo and odometer is incorrect by a few % I feel like between that and the computer estimating that some funny business was done to trick us. Along with the amazing eco button it's easy to be fooled. It's off by like almost 10% so 600 miles on odometer seems like 540 miles. Eco button is for show... It really easily could have been hidden, but no it's like the main button makes me wonder... Gas mileage seems to go up too with top tier gas.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Best I’ve done is 41.5 MPG according to the DIC (hand calculations were close maybe off by 1 MPG or so) with my 2020 1.5T AWD and that was over about 175 miles of 60-65 MPH following behind a travel trailer. The best I can do on average is 39 MPG over about 75 miles (again according to the DIC) doing 50-55 MPH on state roads and 65 MPH on the express way (It’s about half and half). If I do 75 MPH on the expressway section the best I have done is 36.8 MPG over the 75 miles...I had a loaner 2018 1.5T FWD and was able to get 43.5 MPG according to the DIC (I think this was a little high) over about 75 miles of mostly 50-55 MPH state roads and 65 MPH on the express way. I’m a very conservative driver and drive pretty far distance with little traffic so I think it would be very hard to average 50 MPG over any amount of distance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
With just normal driving at 5 over the speed limit I’ve seen a best 25 mile average of 49.9 mpg in my diesel. I’m sure I could push it higher if I slowed down, drafted, etc.. in my 1.5 Terrain I think I had a best 25 mile average of 43.7.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've logged 52-56mpg driving from houston to dallas several times in my diesel terrain. That's a 180mile distance each way.
Driving around the metroplex at 60-65 I regularly get 45-48mpg since covid started with reduced traffic congestion. The dash mpg ALWAYS registers LOW by .1-.2mpg vs hand calculated for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts