GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a card in the mail from G.M. giving me 4 oil changes and tire rotations during the next 12 months. Anyone else get this? Was a great surprise.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I got this when the Saturn brand was eliminated. But not (so far) with the Nox. I prefer doing my own changes. Used one Saturn free change at the GM dealer .. Just too cold to do

·
Registered
338 Posts
Those are only good for the VIN listed on the card. You get them if you have a Pontiac, Hummer or Saturn. Or if your selling dealer was one of the "wind down" dealerships that GM yanked the franchises from.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got one also for my GTO. I seriously doubt I'll ever use it though as I do my own work.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I got one for my Bonneville last year. I called the dealership and asked what kind of oil change. Of course, it was the basic with non-synthetic oil. I asked about the cost difference to go synthetic. The service manager told me that I could bring in my own oil and they would fill it with that for no charge. So, I was off to Walmart for a $24 jug of Mobil 1. I only used two of the oil changes, but it was nice to get them done for only the cost of the oil.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to the fine print it says they will use whatever my owners manual says so should be OK.will find out in the morning.

·
Registered
977 Posts
My dealer sent me a flyer for a $39.99 oil change 27 pt inpec. and tire rotation and you get a $10 cash card. The flyer said the oil supplied will be what is required for your vehilce

·
Registered
332 Posts
Is four oil changes the standard promo right now?

When we got our 2010 it was $750 worth of oil changes which is quite a few more than four even if I get the dealership to use Mobile 1.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took my car in and they did the oil change and afterward imformed me that the vin didn't match. They let it slide but when I got home I called G.M. Come to find out the card was for my 1991 Olds 98 that I haven't had in about 10 years and for a car company that isn't even in business nor has it been for a few years now. They said they would send it through and try and get it updated to my NOx.

·
Registered
977 Posts
GM gave me a card for my 2003 VUE which they bought back from me as part of a settlement. I still get reminders to bring it in for an oil change ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts