GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting to order a 4 banger with a turbo. Any talk of when they may be coming. I'm hoping for 2013 models. Now this will be a honey of a vehicle and greatly expand the Equinox market appeal I'm thinking.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The same platform is available in a V6 version with the Caddy SRX 2.8L turbo.

GM might be shooting themselves in the foot if they start making the Equinox too premium as it might take sales away from Cadillac.

However offering the turbo 4 cyl. they already have in other models may give them an edge against the competitions' offerings.

I'm old school and like lower revving larger displacement engines. Right now I'm still getting used to the higher revving 2.4L in our Nox. Adding a turbo would make me feel that I'm driving even a higher strung drivetrain.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Considering that the 2.4 engine is virtually the same as the NA 1.4 for the Sky --- if GM goes to a turbo -- they mosy likely will attach it to the 2.0 version engine -- I always felt they'd have done better just turboing the 2.4, I felt the 260 HP 2.0 turbo just worked to hard when compared to the 188 HP 2.4 NA... :cheers:

·
Registered
87 Posts
We have the Cruze and it has Turbo. Drives fine and we don't notice that it drives much different than the Nox (in regards to RPMs etc).

I waited for 2 years hoping Chevy would put a turbo in the Nox...

·
Registered
194 Posts
You want a turbo and that makes sense. I want Voltec. I would get a Volt in a minute if it were bigger or sat five. A plug in Nox. Awesom.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great replies. Let's let our imaginations run wild. How about an AWD Turbo 4 Nox with an HVAC that actually works. Just being mean on the latter comment but serious about the first.

·
Registered
194 Posts
To be frank I was surprised the 2.4 4-cyl wasn't (or not avail) Turbo'd. Historically it increases fuel efficiency -- so it would help their numbers even more.... My HVAC is great... :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
My other car (wife's) is a 2011 Kia Sportage SX turbo AWD. I believe Kia did great coupling a 2.0 direct injection twin turbo to this suv. It puts out 260 hp and 260 ft-lbs and quite frankly blows the doors off of my 2.4 terrain. It runs on regular gas, and the mileage is the sma if not better than the terrain. Granted it is a few humdred pounds lighter. I think this would be a great addition to the GM lineup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like the turbo option on the 4 and 6 cyl. A SS nox in black with a turbo and 350 HP sounds like fun to me!

Jake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts