GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I driving home, I turned off the highway onto our street and when I went to accelerate I noticed it kind of learched, then when pulling into garage I come to a near stop and it idled way down like it was going to quit, and then surged ahead, when I did come to a complete stop, after pulling into garage it died. Kind of acted like the torque converter was locked. Only thing differant was I turned the AC on, (FINALLY!!) which we havent used yet. We always drive it eco mode, has been there since we drove it off the lot.

I called the dealer, and made apointment, I needed to any how, after they did the defrost recall, they scratched up the vents on the sides, from prying against them. I'll update with what was found, just courious is any one else has had this issue?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Last time that happened to me (in another car) we found water in the gas. Since we are switching from Winter to Summer blend gas at the stations, this could be a big possibility.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This happened during my test drive of a 2010 4-cyl Equinox last fall. I was turning around (pulled into a driveway, reversed out into the road), and when I shifted from reverse to drive the vehicle completely shut off. Because it was a test drive and I was not used to this vehicle, and how quiet it was, I had no idea that it had actually stalled. It took me a few seconds (and looking at the tachometer) to figure it out and restart the vehicle (in the middle of the road), and continue on.

Luckily I have not had this issue on the terrain that I purchased in March.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts