GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading the forums someone might think these vehicles are gas hogs. I wanted to report that today with 300mi since I bought mine I went on a 70mi round trip 75% hwy 25% city drive with several stop light stops. My average MPG on it was 31.9 mpg using the cruise as much as possible at 60mph. I did notice a 1-2 mpg drop between 55mph and 60mph It is pretty flat around here so I always get good milage on any of our cars (I get 26mpg in my Vette on the same trip). Are others getting this kind of MPG? If it gets better after break in I WILL be pleased it matches what my HHR got. :thumb:

I also noticed that several radar sherriff signs on this trip showed my radar speed to be 1mph less than the digital speedo. They were consistantly the same at different speeds. Anyone else notice that? Obviously that means ,if correct, my 36K warranty will run out BEFORE I actually travel 36K miles.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not bad at all. At 55-60 MPH you seem to have found the 'magic' spot for getting good milage. What does the tach turn on the 4 at 55, you may find equally good milage at slower speeds if you can hit the same RPM.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
FWD or AWD??

either one...that is great MPG..

I have 26k on mine...getting 20 mpg...I wish i was getting what I Got on my HHR..(2.4L)..

·
Registered
361 Posts
i am jealous. y real mileage is 22. the computer mileage said 24.3. maybe i shouldn't be a lead foot at 80mph on the hwy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I4 FWD my life time average is 26 so far. Like I said it IS flat around here so I know that helps watching the instant ,even on a slight rise, it drops a lot. I am blessed with the perfect terrain (pun intended :rofl:) for good milage.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I-4 fwd eco mode with cruise control set at 60 equaled 34mpg between work and home with 98% Highway driving. Anywhere else though I usually get around 28-29

·
Registered
300 Posts
Last month our trip to Gettysburg totaled 1676 miles with a starting mileage of 5212 miles. On the interstates I held it at 70 and there was about a 65 mile portion between the interstate and Gettysburg that included a climb up to a little over 2000 feet. We spent two days in Gettysburg doing a lot of start and stop driving. My low tank was 26.4 and my high tank was 32.35 with a trip average of 29.46. I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Don B said:
Last month our trip to Gettysburg totaled 1676 miles with a starting mileage of 5212 miles. On the interstates I held it at 70 and there was about a 65 mile portion between the interstate and Gettysburg that included a climb up to a little over 2000 feet. We spent two days in Gettysburg doing a lot of start and stop driving. My low tank was 26.4 and my high tank was 32.35 with a trip average of 29.46. I'm happy with that.
my trip to san fran and back at 80 Cruise control 90% of the way netted me 22.4 :confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
For sure there is something differtent with all of our cars. 47,000 miles with the normal 26.5 - 27.5 mileage. Not sure why some get more, they just do. I have tried all kinds of ways to get 30 with no luck. I have a I-4, ECO on, correct tire pressure, no excess weight in the car. It would very interesting to have a tech compare one that gets over 30 and one under to see why the difference. When I check the DIC vs the old way of checking mpg, I always get 1 - 2 mpg less, go fiqure that one.

·
Registered
289 Posts
FlaTerrain said:
For sure there is something differtent with all of our cars. 47,000 miles with the normal 26.5 - 27.5 mileage. Not sure why some get more, they just do. I have tried all kinds of ways to get 30 with no luck. I have a I-4, ECO on, correct tire pressure, no excess weight in the car. It would very interesting to have a tech compare one that gets over 30 and one under to see why the difference. When I check the DIC vs the old way of checking mpg, I always get 1 - 2 mpg less, go fiqure that one.
My guess is driving style. While I don't have my Terrain yet I have a Buick Rendezvous. When I keep the speed at 65 MPH tops and use just take the foot off the accelerator to break I can get 25+ MPG. When I drive 70+ MPH and then drive with gas to the light and then break I get 19 MPG.

I think most are getting terrible mileage because they like to drive 70+ MPH. 55-60 is where the EPA sticker comes from, above that and one should expect less. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JediSkipdogg said:
My guess is driving style. While I don't have my Terrain yet I have a Buick Rendezvous. When I keep the speed at 65 MPH tops and use just take the foot off the accelerator to break I can get 25+ MPG. When I drive 70+ MPH and then drive with gas to the light and then break I get 19 MPG.

I think most are getting terrible mileage because they like to drive 70+ MPH. 55-60 is where the EPA sticker comes from, above that and one should expect less. Just my opinion.
:thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a Buick Rendezvous and always got 25 - 27 mpg. Yes, on the interstate I drive 70 else you get run over. I had a Pontiac Torrent V-6 and always got 24 -26 with it. I bought the Terrain to get the 32 but hasn't happen. I drive this car just like the others. Been driving for 55 years so I know a thing or too about driving. It is what it is, some cars make it and some don't.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess I have to add "what year and what MPG do you get?"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts