GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Iron Grey RS, the Equinox lettering on the doors has red highlighting, really sets it off nicely against the dark paint. In fact, I am disappointed that the Equinox badge on the rear hatch is just black and am considering adding the red highlighted Equinox lettering.

There are not many other 2022 RS around, I have only seen 2 others locally. However, I was in Pennsylvania a couple weeks ago and there was a black RS in the hotel parking lot. I went over to check it out and was surprised that the door lettering did not have red highlights.

I went on the Chevy build sites to check which colors got the red highlighting on the front door Equinox lettering. They do not show it on any colors but I know the build site is not super accurate. I also browsed pictures online and do not see any red lettering on the front doors in any pictures. Here is a side pic of mine showing the red lettering on the front door so you know I am not imagining things, not the best pic but you can see the red highlighting on the door :

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

I can understand if the black does not have red highlighting (except for the RS badges themselves - ALL colors have red RS badge), and also the red color would make sense if it was all black as the red would be kind of washed out by the paint job.

I know mine was one of the first off the assembly line so is it possible Chevy stopped using the red lettering after a certain amount of time?

My question for other 2022 RS owners is this: What color is your RS and does your RS have red highlighted lettering on the front doors?

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's a better picture, sorry I was up late the other nite pondering life's mysteries ....... lol

I know the dealer didn't add them as I got there a few minutes after it was offloaded from the truck. I just wish they would have used that same theme on other black lettering on the tailgate.

I'm also fairly sure the build website showed the red lettering when I was checking things before buying the car, but I could be mistaken .

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Plant Road surface

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a white 22 RS today and it was all black lettering too. Mine was built Dec 10 and I took delivery on Dec 17, I know it was the first sold by the dealer I got it from, but I don't know where it falls as far as what number made overall. Gonna have to find a serial number decoder ......

Perhaps only Iron Gray got the red highlighting, or maybe Chevy changed their mind after production started. I need to find another iron Gray to compare - it would seem odd that only Gray models got that red lettering, it would look good on any color except possibly red. Perhaps it was part of all the options this one had. I'll have to scan my window sticker closer.

I did decode the VIN at this site, it does list black bowtie and all sort of details but no red lettering: VIN Decoder - North American Motoring
Exterior

Wheels, 19" (48.3 cm) aluminum

Tires, P235/50R19 all-season blackwall

Wheel, spare, 16" (40.6 cm) steel

Tire, compact spare, T135/70R16 blackwall

Luggage rack, side rails, roof-mounted

Trim, Black lower window

Headlamps, LED

Lamp marker, reflex, front side

Headlamp control, automatic on and off with automatic delay

Tail lamps, LED

Glass, acoustic, laminated windshield

Glass, deep-tinted, rear

Mirror caps, body-color

Ornamentation, RS badge

Bowtie emblems, Black, front and rear

Door handles, body-color

The mystery continues ........the only model that actually lists the red outline Equinox lettering is the Premier Redline version as arcee mentioned. I'm really curious if I was lucky and got the red highlights by mistake LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts