GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I wrecked my 2018 Diesel, a sad story. Anyway, I picked up a 2022 Equinox LT.

All the new safety feature are cool but one hic up I can't figure out is that I can no longer browse my MP3 files on my USB drive. I found I can only do this while the car is stopped.

I guess this is a safety feature but I can't figure out a way to turn this "feature" off. I was able to do this on the 2018 Equinox and the 2018 Colorado at work. This is driving me nuts.

Any ideas? I may reach out to Chevy but not sure where I can submit my question.

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,564 Posts
A lot of potential distraction features that are now turned off in newer models can't be overridden. Browsing your files surely is one of them. I would suspect only next song on the steering wheel buttons is the only thing functioning when in gear.
A lot has changed in 4 model years, saw that from my '16 nox to my '20 Traverse.

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
298 Posts
Perhaps if you select the USB drive on the Infotainment screen, then use the buttons on the right side of steering wheel to navigate to the infotainment screen? I haven't tried it myself but find the steering wheel buttons are less restrictive than using the infotainment display in some cases.

Right button until you get to the music then try up and down ...... good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have hundreds of songs and audiobooks on the USB drive, stored in folders. Not be able to browse while driving would really, really suck.

I will try the button next time, rick. I noticed you got a 2022 Equinox. Does your "Browse" button grey out as well while driving?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm beginning to wonder if I got a strip down version of the software. The screen on the dashboard doesn't even let me do anything with audio, unlike my other Chevy vehicles. All I have is Info and Option, that's it. I also have heated seat that won't work until they replace a chip or something. That makes me wonder if the chip I have now just don't have enough memory or something.

I also chatted with Chevy Support, the person I chatted with via text got stumped too and eventually dropped off the chat after s/he said s/he will consult with someone.

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
298 Posts
Well, I have hundreds of songs and audiobooks on the USB drive, stored in folders. Not be able to browse while driving would really, really suck.

I will try the button next time, rick. I noticed you got a 2022 Equinox. Does your "Browse" button grey out as well while driving?
I haven't tried a USB with mp3 on it, if I get a chance I will make one and let you know. I am a sports nut so mainly use Sirius so I can get US sports. Here in Canada they talk hockey all year, can't handle that. I also like the randomness of the Sirius music channels.

I am in same boat as you, waiting for the heated seat chip, so I don't think that's related to your issue. My options allow me to browse my favorites (Sirius and FM/AM) while driving.

I have the Infotainment with Nav and Bose audio - do you have that as well? If not, your options would be different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts