GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Did you get your retrofit chip for heated seats?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

According to this article, the dealers will contact us to get the chip installed for the heated seats. Has anyone been contacted yet? I was at the dealer early sept and they had no knowledge of this.

It would be nice if they prioritized cold weather climates for this. Since I got mine last December I am hoping mine will be top of the list - it would makes sense if they retrofit the ones in order of delivery date. But as we know, it doesn't have to make sense to us LOL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing yet ,Wife picked up 2022 Equinox RS Dec15 ,2022.in former GM town ..Oshawa On..

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS, AWD 1.5L
98 Posts
Hey guys, I spoke with my service advisor today, also ordering the part and scheduled me in for next Wednesday at 8AM
According to his documentation the drivers seat needs to come out to install the chip module, plus a reprogram of the BCM.
Book time is 1.5 Hours

Jason

Reactions: ricklack

·
Registered
2022 RS
44 Posts
I went to the dealership yesterday morning. Service dept. knew nothing about it. They checked online & said the part is available & they would have the parts dept. order it.
They seemed to think it would be a long while before it came in. They had no idea what they had to do or how long it would take..

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Sounds like you may need to visit a more knowledgeable service center.

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wife and I were discussing this while driving on a trip yesterday. Saw the comments here and checked the website, sure enough there is my recall notice. Will call dealer tomorrow to get things moving. Thx guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts