GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2018 Terrain Denali 2.0T FWD
If you still have the powertrain warranty in effect, why not just have it replace with "new'" under the warranty? Or has that already expired due to excess (> 60K) miles?

Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
Your right salvage tittle kills factory warranty. If that info is in the GM warranty system.

Registered
2018 Terrain Denali 2.0T FWD
Okay. Didn't realize that it was a salvage vehicle.

Registered
From the Factory Service Manual

Disconnect Battery
Remove Belt
Raise front end up, this is optional as it may be easier to get the alt from below, of course use jackstands etc
Disconnect the electrical and starter solenoid cables from the Alternator (on the cables at the end there is a plastic cap that protects the nut, keep it,
Under the Alternator is two bolts, undo the nuts and the old Alt should come out.

The installation is the reverse

One Note, if you have not got the replacement Alt yet, Rock Auto for some reason is selling Brand New GM Genuine Alts cheaper than the Rebuilds, no core charges either.

Registered
The alternator went out on my Chevy Blazer. I went to Autozone to purchase a new one and the guy at the counter asked "We have six different alternators, which would you like?" I told him any of them that wasn't made in Mexico. He checked the list and they ALL came from Mexico, even the GM Delco Remy. I bought a new one and it lasted about nine months and it went bad. Autozone tested it and then gave me another new alternator under warranty. I sold the Blazer a while later so I don't know how that one held up. I had a similar experience at NAPA. I went into the NAPA store to buy a new serpentine belt. I told them I didn't want any that came from Mexico. The guy said they only sold Gates belts and they didn't come from Mexico. Then he checked further and was surprised to fine that the Gates belts did come from Mexico. I had no other option so I bought it anyway. In my experience, nothing good comes from Mexico.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts