·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: ajax

·
Registered
958 Posts
So.... here's the preproduction version .. .

Looks pretty nice and different than the Blazer.
https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/all-new-trailblazer?evar36=ch_eml_BSLP2_0619

Looks nice. Afraid my next vehicle will have to be larger than our Equinox, however. Daughter and son-in-law may be moving closer to us and three-row seating becomes a factor for all of us to be able to do things together (grandchildren and car seats)! More than a year out, but I begin researching these things early, when I have the opportunity.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I like it! First feeling I got was “Mini Cooper” - because of the roof, but it’s not gonna be *that* small, I hope.

But now there’s gonna be a Blazer AND a Trailblazer - at the same time? Isn’t that confusing?

What’s next - the Chevy Trail? LOL!

BTW: Is this going to replace the Trax - and be *that* size?

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Supposed to be between the Trax and Equinox in size.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27632994/2021-chevrolet-trailblazer-photos-info/

• The new Chevrolet Trailblazer is a small crossover that sits between the Trax and the Equinox in the lineup.
  • It likely shares its platform and mechanicals with the new Buick Encore GX.
  • The Trailblazer will go on sale in early 2020, but no specs or pricing have been released.
No specs have been given, but we expect the Trailblazer to have a turbocharged four-cylinder engine with an automatic transmission as the only choice.

Front-wheel drive will be standard, with all-wheel drive as an option.

The Trailblazer will have an extensive list of standard features that includes automated emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and lane-departure warning, while things like adaptive cruise control and a rearview camera mirror will be optional.
Chevy says the new Trailblazer will arrive at dealerships in early 2020, with pricing and full specs to be released closer to that on-sale date. We think the Trailblazer will start at around $22,000, topping out at near $30,000. With Chevy and Buick both surprise-releasing new crossovers of the same size in the same day, check back with us in a couple hours to see if GMC has released one, too.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice. Afraid my next vehicle will have to be larger than our Equinox, however. Daughter and son-in-law may be moving closer to us and three-row seating becomes a factor for all of us to be able to do things together (grandchildren and car seats)! More than a year out, but I begin researching these things early, when I have the opportunity.

The same here. So we are looking at the new Blazer which has a 3rd seat option like the Traverse, but not sure how accessible the 3rd seat is for kids car seats. The Trailblazer will be smaller than the Blazer.

Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Lots of choices now, that's for sure.
Each person is different and has different family needs.
What works for us is one smaller one and one larger one.

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
958 Posts
The same here. So we are looking at the new Blazer which has a 3rd seat option like the Traverse, but not sure how accessible the 3rd seat is for kids car seats. The Trailblazer will be smaller than the Blazer.
JayTee--Thanks for that update. I hadn't looked at the Blazer closely and didn't realize it had a third row option. If it fits car seats, that may very well be a better solution for us than a Traverse or its equivalent.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Jaytee, c&ws if the Blazer’s 3rd row seats are anything like the Acadia’s kids shouldn’t have a problem climbing back there. You wouldn’t want to take long drive with passengers back there but short drives they should be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like it! First feeling I got was “Mini Cooper” - because of the roof, but it’s not gonna be *that* small, I hope.
I thought of a Range Rover as far as looks, but sportier. I like it as well. We'll have to see how the job goes in the next couple years to see if I want to move over to a brand new SUV vs keep what I've got. I wonder what the Terrain will look like!?!? (it could be on the site somewhere already....I have no idea...lol)

·
Registered
672 Posts
So there must be a large class of buyers out there (lets call them descendent of Goldilocks) that look at the Trax and say ..hmm a bit to small and then try the equinox ...and say darn that is just too big.
Otherwise i do not understand the whole spectrum of SUV sizes that is being proposed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interesting anyway .. Because of my Support of the Last Local Family Dealership in my area, Choices will either be GMC/Buick .. Have felt like part of their Family for over 10 Years and Been Treated Well and Fairly ..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So there must be a large class of buyers out there (lets call them descendent of Goldilocks) that look at the Trax and say ..hmm a bit to small and then try the equinox ...and say darn that is just too big.
Otherwise i do not understand the whole spectrum of SUV sizes that is being proposed.
I agree, the Encore/Trax & Envision/Equinox/Terrain sizes do seem to have a following down here in SC . Not sure how or why a size in between those two would sell.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Encore will soldier on as its sales are still respectable but the Trax has been going downhill. I think the new Trailblazer and its GMC brother the Jimmy (my guess) when it comes out will be the replacement for the Trax. Flooding the market with CUV's will not do GM any favours as it will only serve to confuse the public.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I wish they’d tweak the Buick TourX wagon by raising it up just a little bit and putting a V6 non-turbo engine in it. Kind of like a Venza.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
My guess is that the Venza has a pretty small market share, as will the buick. I don't expect to see it around for long

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I wish they’d tweak the Buick TourX wagon by raising it up just a little bit and putting a V6 non-turbo engine in it. Kind of like a Venza.
I saw the TourX on Buick's website, you're right it looks interesting if it was a bit larger.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My guess is that the Venza has a pretty small market share, as will the buick. I don't expect to see it around for long
The Buick, the Venza, or both?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I saw the TourX on Buick's website, you're right it looks interesting if it was a bit larger.
TourX has larger warranty (than Equinox), more cargo space (than Equinox), comes with 2.0L engine, and 600 extra lbs.

You’d think there’d be some really good deals on these TourX’s at some point.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
I'd bet on gm dropping the Tour-x. The Venza can fit the SUV class. Only people that want wagons are "old" smart people
IMHO. The Tour-x is a actually a German vehicle. GM should advertise that fact.

Reactions: JayTee2014
1 - 20 of 26 Posts