GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently leased a 2020 Terrain with the Driver Alert Package and the sensors in the driver seat sick up so high that they dig into the back of my thigh/butt. (has nothing to do with the vibration, it's the position/location of the sensors themselves) It is extremely painful after sitting in the seat for more than 10-15 minutes. The sensors are on both sides of the seat so no matter how I adjust the seat or position my body I can still feel them. I've called GM and tried working with the dealership and keep getting the same answer..."that's how its made and there's nothing we can do" The dealership got approval from GM to add padding over the sensors but that just made it worse. The sensors are about the size of a roll of quarters and a major design flaw. I showed the dealership service manger some Chevy forums from 2015-2018 where people had the same issue and some people had success with their dealerships relocating the sensors to the back of the seat and even leaving them hanging under the seat. The response I got was "those were different seats back in 2015" so the "fix" can't be done now. I don't even really want the Alert Package and would love if they would just remove it all together. This is my 4th Terrain I've leased but the 1st one that has the Alert Package on...I didn't do a long test drive since I was very familiar with the truck itself. Really regretting that now. Anyone else have a similar problem? Any solutions? The dealership won't touch it without GM approval for "liability reasons" I'm waiting for a response from dealership as I've asked to meet the GM Field Engineer to show him the seat in person.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts