GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a hitch installed on my wife's 2020 Terrain SLT.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done this or know of any parts I could buy other than what gm recommended. I've looked for videos online but they're all hitches that are low and below the bumper cover.

I was quoted $469 CAD plus tax for the hitch installed.
They use Curt
Hitch CUR-13439
Harness is CUR-56429
Haven't found any after market bezels.

I would be towing a small utility trailer once in a while and my wife has a rack/scooter combo that's under 500lbs.

Any other options would be good to know. I will prob install at home.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was supposed to have had a hitch with my 2020 Denali but guess what.....not there so dealer installed a factory hitch and harness for free.....would have been around 4 something and it is hidden.I will be using it for a bike rack,probably never tow a trailer.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Curt stuff is OK . Put a Curt receiver on my '16 and my old '09 Malibu. No issues with their wiring kits either. Both bolted right on and instructions were good.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I went with the factory hitch on my 19’ diesel. Didn’t want one that hung bellow the bumper. I think it was around 5-600 installed. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dealer installed my hitch, looks factory, tow a 1,500 LB jetskie and trailer no issues. I have a 2020 Terrain 1.5 SLE L7 in stop and go traffic L8 on the highway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After buying the 2020 denali thinking it had a hitch behind the hitch cover on the bumper. My wife did not want one of the aftermarket ones which hung down below the bumper. So, we ordered a gm hitch and installed it. You have to remove the rear bumper cover to install. The hitch bolts on replacing the aluminum support bar behind the bumper cover. With the wiring kit that came with the hitch, you plug into the exiting plug and zip tie the wiring and relays to the hitch and bolt on the 4 pin plug.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks everyone. I was looking for one that is hidden behind the bumper. I guess the factory GM one is the only option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts