GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experiencing the same vibrating noise? It sounds like a vibration almost like a buzzing sound that responds to vibrations from the road whether it's low speed cruising a parking lot of going down the road at 45. Our 2020 Terrain has 20K miles on it. The factory Michelin tires are like brand new and have been rotated. One thing we have noticed is when the dash is cold there is no noise. As soon as the sun heats up the dash the noise begins. It gets louder going over small bumps in the road and over speed bumps. I've noticed the vibration seems to be more on the driver's side than the passenger side. I have pushed around the dash by the windshield and the sides going down the road. I think it did make a difference but the vibration returned. Might have just been my imagination. There is a good thread on here about this issue with a video someone made that is the exact noise we hear. Some have suggested to push small pieces of felt in the gap along where the dash meets the windshield. No one has said if it works or not. Guess it's worth a try. The dealer is claiming to be swamped and short staffed. Said they would need it a week to check it out. I contacted GM and said fine but they need to give us a loaner. GM dumped it back on the dealer. Passing the buck. I will try the felt thing to see if it helps. I'd rather fix it myself. If anyone has had a similar issue with their Terrain and fixed it please let me know what you did.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just had our 2021 Terrain serviced for a persisting noise/vibration/rattle while traveling at freeway speeds. Occurred more frequently on windy days and while passing large trucks.
Turns out it was a loose heat shield near exhaust system. The noise inside the vehicle was hard to determine where it was coming from. sounded like a rattle in the roof area, shark fin and even sounded like it was coming from center console.
Glad they found it.
I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts