GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all!

I've had my GMC Terrain Denali for a little bit over a year now with about 18k on it, first and only owner this car will have.

I typically do all sorts of mods with my cars (lifts, spacers, ecu tunes, lights, radios, ect.) But I do plan on leaving this vehicle fairly stock for as long as I can bear. (Minus K&N air and cabin filters ATM.)

What mods have you guys done with this gen Terrain? Have any of them improved fuel economy, power, driveability, ect? Anything you guys have noticed about these vehicles that should be left alone or replaced?

Thanks for having me! I'll keep updates as I change things on the car and what I find with each piece.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They should have "left alone" the 2.0 252 HP option instead of only offering the 1.5 pooch motor
Agreed. Them taking away the 2.0 I feel is going to have them loose a place in the market, and make these 'older' 2.0 models worth more in the future/ hold their value better.

I drove the 1.5 when I worked for GM and have never been impressed by it. The theortical 3MPG gains is pretty much irrelevent and killed by how much harder the motor has to work to get to speed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi y'all!

I've had my GMC Terrain Denali for a little bit over a year now with about 18k on it, first and only owner this car will have.

I typically do all sorts of mods with my cars (lifts, spacers, ecu tunes, lights, radios, ect.) But I do plan on leaving this vehicle fairly stock for as long as I can bear. (Minus K&N air and cabin filters ATM.)

What mods have you guys done with this gen Terrain? Have any of them improved fuel economy, power, driveability, ect? Anything you guys have noticed about these vehicles that should be left alone or replaced?

UPDATE (9-27-21): Installed the K&n Air and cabin filters about a month ago, just to see if there's any noticeable difference.

Noticed that the response from pressing the acceluator seems a little more crisp and snappy than before, girlfriend seems to agree with me. Fuel MPG has stayed about the same at around 24-26 and the turbo does seem to have a bit louder sound, but that'll be the end of it. Big plus is these filters are reusable, which will have money in the long run.

Thanks for having me! I'll keep updates as I change things on the car and what I find with each piece.

View attachment 17966

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.