GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit - found a previous conversation here, with links:
https://www.terrainforum.net/threads/gm-wheels-that-fit-the-nox.9748/2020 Equinox Redline with the 19" wheels.

Wondering what size steel wheels will fit, offset taken into consideration etc...
I would like to downsize from the 19" wheels to the smallest I can get, 17" maybe?
Can the tires be skinnier/thinner as well?
Cheap, good and fast, I want all three!

Thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
Tire Rack is a good resource for winter tire rim fitment and tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks
I just checked and there is no way to cross reference if a 17" wheel will fit over my brakes and whether the new offset would come into play with alignment.
Just thought someone here might know.
The dealer wants me to get 19" steel wheels. I hope 19" steel are not the answer, defeats the purpose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd be interested as well. Around here it's $40 to get one tire mounted and balanced. Steel wheels for winter tires would save money in the long run.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
Erok, you could go to a site like gmpartsdirect.com and see if ypur calipers and rotors are the same part number as a model that comes with 17 in rims, such as an LS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found this info online
Brake Rotor Size: (in / mm):
Front: 11.8 / 300 (1.5L & 1.6L diesel); 12.6 / 321 (2.0L)
Rear: 11.3 / 288 (all models)

I would assume this includes Redline with 19" wheels as well?
Bigger wheel/tire but keeps the same 12.6 / 321 front brakes.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
Yes, safe assumption.

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link garbec01!

Does anyone have knowledge of wheels from other cars that would work?
Like from a Blazer or Prius or whatever?
That may be the cheapest route.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2019 Denali came with 19" wheels, and crappy tires. Terrible ride in my opinion, never understood why GM puts crappy tires on their high end model.

Needless to say I need winter wheels so I got some 17" take off's from California.

I then purchased some WS90's Blizzak snow tires.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The car rides like a limo, I even waited until May to take them off. The difference is truly day and night. I account part of the difference due to the 17" wheels giving me a higher shoulder to ride on and the better tires as compared to crappy tires.

·
Registered
10,113 Posts
What model were your crappy tires?

·
Registered
73 Posts
For the 19" wheels it is the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2. This is the tire used on the 19" Terrain and Envision wheels so I would assume also the Nox. It's an ok dry and rain tire but it is terrible in snow/slush/ice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 is what I have on mine now.
Seems fine on tar and concrete.
Took them on dirt road...not so much, felt a bit slippy for me on hilly dirt roads.
I am comparing to 16" Goodyear Allweather on the old Subaru.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts